Sunday, April 6, 2014

Love Or Something Like That (A Sparrow Production)


.
Well Its about time
.
I been waiting for my favourite Ghanaian movie maker to come out with a real movie since A Sting In A Tale.  I enjoyed the Adams Apple series but after a while I was like okay, I am tired I need a real movie Shirley, c'mon now, and so here it is. In the past 6 months there has been the release of other movie titles by Sparrow including "Devil In Detail" , "Potomanto" and Big FOr Nothing however i havent gotten hold of them here in the states to buy and watch. It has not been released here.
.
Sypnosis:
A young surgeon's chance meeting with her ex-boyfriend throws her world into absolute chaos when she makes a horrible discovery about her past and what could be the end of a great career, and beautiful marriage. A poignant story about moving on when there's no light at the end of the tunnel. Sparrow Productions presents, a Shirley Frimpong-Manso Film, Love or Something Like That. 
.
Starring Jocelyn Dumas, John Dumelo, Nana Mensah, OC Ukeje etc etc
.
Produced by Ken Attoh, Shirley Frimpong-Manso (My 2 Favourite Are Baaccck, "Ah ! Shirley eni Ken, wa ma girls Abr3 rough" :)  ) 
.
.
Trailer



.


I look forward to this. Trailer looks Good and This new Actress Nana Mensah, who also plays the character "Sade" in the new webseries created by my friend Nicole Armateifio called "AFRICAN CITY" (or should i call her character Samantha since they are emulating Sex in the City and like Samantha Sade is sex craved too). If you have not watched the series, its on youtube, catch on to it, we are on like episode 7 now.

In African City web series all the 5 actresses are great, but Nana Mensah stood out to me and i always thought ,hmmm , what if Shirley used her in one of her movies, so i guess i spoke too soon. She plays friend to Jocelyn's character in this movie.
.

Movie Premieres in Accra on April 17 2014.
.

1 comment:

michelle jenkins said...

I'm American and have just recently seen the relevance of African films. I have fallen in love with them. I guess my new African friend as something to do with that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...