Basically what they did is approved language that would remove the protection for young women and girls from repeatedly being rape in the guise of early marriage, so in retrospect a 13 yr old can be married off. See below for the list of all the pedophiles who signed this.
It just so happens that our beautiful gorgeous Actress Stephanie Okereke had already completed a movie titled "DRY" which covers this issue of Vesico Vaginal Fistula (V.V.F ), a cause the soft spoken actress is very passionate about. VVF is like female circumcision and you can read another thread i posted here last year - Grassroot movement to end female circumcision. There are so many youtube videos you can watch on this topic just to be aware of what is going thats hardly ever spoken of.
Our actress Stephanie says; “I have been to the North and to other parts of the country, and I have seen first-hand how this health issue defies normal living for girls and women of different ages. I have decided to share their stories through “DRY”.
Stephanie was not going to release this movie yet at all, but with the recent announcement from the senate, and this topic being so related, she felt compelled to release this movie sooner. These atrocities still happening in parts of Africa and are all interrelated .
The release of this movie will help increase the awareness globally about Vesico Vaginal Fistula (V.V.F ) as well as about underage marriages in many parts of africa - We are killing our own kids. We as adults need to protect our kids any way we can. It doesnt matter what tribe, religion, nationality. I am extremely utterly passionate about kids and hearing such stories, causes me sleepless nights.
And on the topic of child marriage law passed in nigeria senate, these mofos as leaders of the nation are suppose to protect our children, not to stick your shrivel up d1cks in these lil girls. A child is suppose to be a child, to play, to learn, to just enjoy life without any worries. We as adults should do the worrying for them. This is the sickest law i have ever heard in my whole entire life.
Thank You so much Stephanie for making a movie such as this. We need great classic tell all movies like this , to increase awareness around the globe, and i wish you major success with this movie. I hope it makes it to the international film festivals. We got your back and will do all we possibly can to help promo this movie for you. You are doing this for our kids, and we as women appreciate you immensely more than you know. You are loved. I dont know where the premiere will be but oh how i wish i can attend in Nigeria, if i was back home in Ghana. I hope you promo and premiere it in UK and USA too. We will support you. Thank You Mrs Stephanie Linus Idahosa (nee Okereke) and to you and your husband Linus Idahosa.
Here is the list of all the senators who signed the bill: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LEAVE OUR YOUNG GIRLS AND CHILDRENS VAGINAS ALONE - No cutting, no Poking, None of that ish!!!, LEAVE IT ALONE, THEY ARE KIDS!!!!!!! LET CHILDREN BE CHILDREN, LET THEM ENJOY THEIR LIVES.
Support the #ChildNotBride movement. Below is the list of the Nigeria Senators who voted for underage marriage in Nigeria.
1. Sen. Abdulmumin M. Hassan (Jigawa South West, PDP)
2. Sen. Abdullahi Danladi (Jigawa North West, PDP)
3. Sen. Adamu Abdullahi (Nasarawa West, PDP)
4. Sen. Ahmed Barata (Adamawa South, PDP)
5. Sen. Akinyelure Ayo (Ondo Central, Labour Party)
6. Sen. Alkali Saidu A. (Gombe North, PDP)
7. Sen. Bagudu Abubakar A. (Kebbi Central, PDP)
8. Sen. Dahiru Umaru (Sokoto South, PDP)
9. Sen. Galaudu Isa (Kebbi North, PDP)
10. Sen. Garba Gamawa (Bauchi North, PDP)
12. Sen. Gobir Ibrahim (Sokoto East, PDP)
13. Sen. Gumba Adamu Ibrahim (Bauchi South, PDP)
14. Sen. Hadi Sirika (Katsina North, CPC)
15. Sen. Ibrahim Bukar Abba (Yobe East, ANPP)
16. Sen. Jajere Alkali (Yobe South, ANPP)
17. Sen. Jibrilla Mohammed (Adamawa North, PDP)
18. Sen. Kabiru Gaya (Kano South, ANPP)
19. Sen. Lafiagi Mohammed (Kwara North, PDP)
20. Sen. Lawan Ahmad (Yobe North, ANPP)
21. Sen. Maccido Mohammed (Sokoto North, PDP)
22. Sen. Musa Ibrahim (Niger North, CPC)
23. Sen. Ndume Mohammed Ali (Borno South, PDP)
24. Sen. Sadiq A. Yaradua (Katsina Central, CPC)
25. Sen. Saleh Mohammed (Kaduna Central, CPC)
26. Sen. Tukur Bello (Adamawa Central, PDP)
27. Sen. Ugbesia Odion (Edo Central, PDP)
28. Sen. Umar Abubakar (Taraba Central, PDP)
29. Sen. Usman Abdulaziz (Jigawa North East, PDP)
30. Sen. Ya’au Sahabi (Zamfara North, PDP)
31. Sen. Zannah Ahmed (Borno Central, PDP)....
32. Sen. Ahmad Rufai Sani (Zamfara West, ANPP)
33. Sen. Ahmad Abdul Ningi (Bauchi Central, PDP)
34. Sen. Bello Hayatu Gwano (Kano North, PDP)
35. Sen. Ibrahim Abu (Katsina South, CPC)..
Please sign the petition here at change.org Child-Not-Bride and also sign here if you can (do one or the other or both, like i did)
#ADULTS MEN, PLEASE LEAVE OUR CHILDRENS VAGINAS ALONE, AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHHHHHHHHH LEAVE THEM ALONE, Ogini??? What is it????? Someday I hope there are more women in african politics than they are men, so we will enact laws to favour women and children.