Thursday, June 6, 2013

IT FACTOR: Tamara Etiemo (Upcoming Actress to Watch out for)


.
Tamara Etiemo, Yes - she got the "IT" factor. I first saw her in Royal Arts Academy movie "Mrs Somebody" and she caught my eye with her acting. I think she has such great potential and I have high hopes for her with more experience she will be very good. 
.
She is beautiful, she speaks  well (without faking any accent like most wannabes and newbies) and she is very confident on screen. Tamara Eteimo is from Bayelsa State and won the Next Movie Star reality show in 2011 after graduating from the University of Port Harcourt (Uniport ladies like her predecessor Rita Dominic never disappoints, they are good), where she studied Theatre Arts. She landed a lead role in the wale Adenugba’s production, Superstory and acted the role of UTOHAN, the female .
.
This lady right here, watch out for her and mark my words today, she will be "excellent" with time. I only seen one movie as I mentioned above, but like i said she  is going places based on the great directors and producers she works with and the great scripts she chooses. Watch out for her. 
.
I wish you well lady, you started off well , working with the right team (Royal Arts Academy) , I hope you continue to make great choices when it comes to script and not say yes to any nilly willy script based on the naira. Yes maybe "quantity" may make you famous as most of these fly by nite razz actresses understand, but Lady i promise you, "quality" will pay off in the long run, so choose QUALITY over QUANTITY.
.
My candid advice as a mere movie watcher who knows how to spend my money wisely on what movies to buy and not to buy cos its pure trash: If you want to know what producers/director to stay away from, browse my blog (In my opinion, Nonso Ekene Okonko or Ogezu Ogezu are NOT the kind directors/producers you want to start off with -
Aim for Tchidi Chikere, Emem Isong , Izu Ojukwu and the likes - Go for scripts that test your versatility eg village movie etc - stay away from the babes, aristos, campus, nonsense).
.
I predicted Mercy Johnson when i saw her many many years ago in her 1st movie "The Maid". I predicted Yvonne Okoro after seeing her for just 5 mins in the Ghanaian movie Beyonce where she had a tiny role, and I also predicted Majid Michel after seeing his performance for the first time in movie "Crime to Christ". My prediction were simply that these are good actors/actresses with bright future as they grow with time and I was right - they are all big now, doing big thangs. 
.
I also made an IT LIST HERE. Yes I know, I am harsh critic when it comes to our African actors and actresses but i know a good one when i see one - and I want nothing but the best for my fellow Africans - I want us to have THE BEST representation in the international world, so mediocrity just does not sit well with me. Mediocrity is subjective, what i hate you may love, and thats okay. Like i always say, we may agree to disagree - To each his own (Deuces!!!!!!). 
.
I look forward to purchasing movies with this lady in it and I hope i dont waste my precious money.  Last advice, take your time, don't rush (you crawl before you walk, and not the other way round). Learn from the established pros who paved the way for you (Genny, Rita, Mercy etc) - study their on screen performance like science if you have to and add your own stint to it to make you unique.
.
Here is a Trailer to an upcoming movie titled "Desperate Housegirls" starring Ini Edo, Tamara Etiemo, Desmond and etc. This is a Desmond Elliot produced movie.
.

.
ps: Is it me or does Tamara resemble (or vice versa) my actress i like called Daniella Chioma Okeke? They could act as siblings in a movie I think, what do you think?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...