Saturday, July 21, 2012

RIP Kile Glover - May You Rest in Perfect Peace

.
Everyone who knows me know I love kids immensely and ever since July 4 weekend - (precisely Sunday July 8), here in Atlanta, where the news was told that Kile Glover (Son of Tameka Raymond and ex husband successful TV Exec Ryan Glover) had been involved in an accident at our Local Lake Lanier. I have been praying. (Tameka is also ex wife of Usher the singer.)
.
Kile Glover was reportedly declared brain dead after he was struck in the head by a jet ski while riding an inner tube on Lake Lanier, in Atlanta, GA. Kile he was riding  with an unidentified 15-year-old girl at the time of the accident. Doctors determined he would not recover from the injuries he suffered.
.
Just 2 weeks ago, It was a scorching hot Sunday July 8 afternoon and many people headed to Lake Lanier - as most people in metro Atlanta do on summer days like this. I was at a barbecue at a friends house 10 mins from Lake Lanier at Sugar Hill, and the TV was on mute as the subtitles were rolling, as the music was blasting. Around 7pm I read on the subtitles on CNN, the tragic news of 2 kids that had been hurt at Lake Lanier and were air lifted to our local Children's Hospital of Atlanta - Egleston (I actually work at CHOA/Finance). 
.
I didn't even know it was Tameka's son then, but  I had been praying for these kids to be healed. I later heard the older teenage girl was going to be ok, however the younger child happens to be Kile Glover - 11 yr old son of Tameka Raymond's - Kile was a handsome young boy, and I hear an intelligent and an honour roll student at school. My heart sunk when i heard the word "Life Support" cos i work at CHOA and I understand what that means - I had been praying ever since, for God please heal Kile and let him get ready and to get ready for school which opens for most kids here in GA in about 3 weeks time. 
.
Last week i heard although he was life support, he had responded to pain, which after asking gazillion questions to my doctor friends they all told me, was a good sign, and he had good chances to get better. So you can imagine to my shock when I woke up to a text from a friend today (Saturday morning -July 21) that the Life Support was taken off. He didn't make it. He died. I cried so much.
.
I am just utterly heart broken. I am not a mom yet , but i do not wish this on my worst enemy. I cannot even imagine what Tameka has gone through and is still going through through. I heard Tameka, struggled greatly with the decision to take her son off life support. Can you imagine as a mom having to make such a touch decision. I'd die.
.
I am sick of all these boat and jet ski accidents happening in Lake Lanier. I think they need to do something about it. Why would a child have to go and play in the lake (playing like most child should) and then have to end up in such a tragic state, because he has been hit by a jet ski
.
When you are sending condolence on any blog, radio stations or whatever please don't forget to mention Ryan Glover (Tameka 1st husband) and not just Tameka and Usher. We all know Usher is the famous chart topping former step dad to this child and he has lost too, but the real biological father hurting the most for loosing a son is Ryan (and Tameka). This is somewhat about Usher but not all about him, so please lets not forget that.
.
While the world has been tweeting words of encouragement to Tameka Raymond and her ex-husband, Usher, many have neglected to acknowledge the biological father of her ailing son. Before the stylist wed the popular R&B singer, she married Ryan Glover, a successful Atlanta-based TV executive. Glover is currently serving as the president of the new black digital network Bounce TV and before that served as an executive for Peachtree TV While at Peachtree, an independent Atlanta television station, Glover played a pivotal role in the creation of singer Monica’s reality show, “Monica: Still Standing.” Unlike his ex-wife, Glover does not have social network accounts where fans can reach out to him about his son directly. Below is a picture of Ryan and his kids.


.
(This is a Photo of TV Exec Ryan Glover and all his children, Kile is the one in navy blue.Very beautiful kids he has.)
.
I love this pic of Kile wearing all his honor roll awards from school
.
Ryan Glover and his son Kile (RIP Kile)
.
As a christian I know all kids go to heaven when they die so i have no doubt Kile is in a better place today. Rest in Peace Kile Glover. NO parent should have to bury their child.
.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...