Tuesday, May 22, 2012

New Name for Ghana Movie Industry: ANANSE WORLD

I love the name Ananse World So Much - so let me start advocating it - advertising it and making lots of noise about it and hope it sticks. Its beautiful its unique and when a foreigner hears it - they will wonder and research what it is. We dont have to have "wood" in our name to validate ourselves of who we are. Like i said in my previous post, "Ananse" is so befitting to the industry because the name Ananse is synonymous to "STORY TELLING"
.
As a Ghanaian, i am saying that ridiculous name Ghollywood and Kumawood has got to go - period. 
.
Everybody we introduce to you the new name Ghana Movie Industry.
.
"ANANSE WORLD"
.
And Local Akan Movie Industry I introduce to you
.
"GARDEN CITY"
.
Ghallywood and Kumawood is Dead Buried and Gone. Lets set ourselves apart a lil from Hollywood and be creative and think out the box.
.
If you are non Ghanaian and wonder what Ananse mean. Here is the meaning:  The Anansi tales originated from my tribe - the Ashanti People in Ghana. The word Ananse is Akan and means, simply, spider. His name sometimes preceded with Kwaku - eg Kwaku Ananse.
 .
Ananse tales are some of the best-known all over Ghana and West AfricaThe stories made up an exclusively oral tradition, and indeed Ananse himself was synonymous with skill and wisdom in speech. "So well known is Ananse the spider, that he has given his name to the whole rich tradition of tales on which so many Ghanaian children are brought up – anansesem – or spider tales." - Oh and i sure do remember those tales told by my grandma very well, that spider was one trickster. I wish i can find some books to read on it to my nephews and nieces. Older generation in Ghana remember most of the stories and dont need a book to tell it. Kwaku Ananse was gangsta LOL LOL .

1 comment:

Lady Adwoa Adwubi said...

Oseyiee yie yie "ANANSE WORLD" ooo yieee "ANANSE WORLD" ooo yie ayeee.

It's about time Ghanaians be creative and yes I love this name "Ananse World". I hope the actors, actresses, writers, producers, directors, and all the movie production team will agree with this name and promote it for Ghana movie industry. A non ghanaian will always be eagered to find out what "ANANSE WORLD" means. I hope Fred Nuamah come across this blog so that he can even change the movie awards to "ANANSE WORLD". I believe this is the best name for Ghanaian Movie Industry.

P.S.:"Garden City" will also be perfect instead of "Kumawood" because that name makes my cringe...lolololol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...