Thursday, April 26, 2012

Black Hollywood - Missing Good Ole Days?

If you have missed the Good ole days of great black hollywood feel good movies like Love Jones, Love and Basketball, Jason's Lyric, Two can play that Game, The Best Man, The Brothers, then this weekend go see Think Like A Man. I bet you guys are wondering why you promo-ing so hard - well, its cos of Michael thats why (u got a problem with that? LOL)
.
I miss the good ole days and i wish we start getting more black hollywood movies like we use to before. 
.
I wouldn't mind a remake of Love Jones anyway (Sanaa and Michael maybe).
.
I am a sucka for love and romance and would like to see more black romance in our theaters, than the reality tv shows we are bombarded with lately,  that showcase nothing but b-ball groupie heffas slapping each an other and pulling each others hair, and that is suppose to depict black women? - I think not.  You can put on a million dollar Loubie shoes and finest Brazilian hair - i still say CLASS can not be bought (u feel me?). You either  got it or you don't and its sad Prime TV is showcasing those who don't. See the Genny Post I posted above - simple yet classy - kinda reminds me of Beyonce, they dont even have to try too hard.
.
Bill Packer and Steve Harvey Thank you for this movie. I am going to see it again - I just want to see my Michael thats all - besides the theatre was too noisy last week cos folks wont keep quiet - how can one talk through out a movie from beginning to end. Like Seriously.
.
.

1 comment:

Adesuwa said...

It is weird that black women have been even MORE marginalized in the last 10 years. We are more pigeon-holded than in the past. That's the OPPOSITE of what is supposed to happen. This is regression. Sad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...