Saturday, February 11, 2012

Rest In Peace Whitney Houston- We Will Always Love You

Whitney Elizabeth Houston 
Aug 09 1963- Feb 11 2011
(born in Newark NJ)
.
The Best Singer in the World - Whitney Houston  (48yrs old) was pronounced dead at 3.55pm  this afternoon (Los Angeles time) found unresponsive on the 4th floor of Beverly Hilton Hotel during this Grammy Award weekend.
.
.
Until the cause of death is announced please for the love of God lets not speculate. Lets respect Mama Cissy Houston and only daughter Bobby Kristina during these diffult time. As you all know - Feb/Mar is a heavy Award month in Los Angeles - back to back to back. So this weekend is Grammy Weekend and Whitney was there to perform for the grammys.
.
Word has it Clive Davis (Arista and Whitneys daddy from another life) is getting the whole grammies revised - They have to have Jennifer Hudson, Beyonce, Brandy, etc to do a lil something as a tribute. The Grammy Execs have to turn this award show 180 degrees around and make this whole event about Whitney - 170 million albums sold world wide. Cmon she was the definition of Music - and ther is no other way. Get all the good singers to come out and sing as a tribute - am talking Celine, Mariah, Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, Brandy, Christina Aguilera etc. This grammy should be nothing but about Whitney - this weekend - nothing matters any more.
.
No matter what you went through Whitney - the majority of us always loved and forever will love you. To all the people who constantly made fun of her and the demons that troubled her, in my ashanti language I say "Ser Enya Adwu - Mu agye mu enisu" - it means - yall satified now, its all cold now - now she can rest in peace.
.
I grew up in 80s in Ghana on Whitney Houston songs. Those were the cassette days - where there was no cd or ipod. I use to love me some Whitney (and still do ) and I even remember during Form 1 secondary school entertainment everyone had to perform and me and my tiny self sang and danced to my Whitney song - "I wanna know if he really loves me " - even though i messed up the lyrics somewhat, My Domitory group of girls gave me a standing ovation and I brought the house down that night.
.
I listened to Whitney so much I always tore my cassette tape (which i use to wind with a pencil botton) and had to get it remade or buy another one. I mean prep-time in secondary school (and this is study time between 7pm - 9pm in Ghana secondary school where we self study in the classroom in preparation for the next day) - while many were studying - I spent my time writing Whitney Houston lyrics. In my head i was a music star - even with my voice sounding like some constipated hienna. LOL
.
The enemy the devil) has a way of always targeting our most God given talented of them all. She had the most angelic voice ever known to mankind and no body and i mean no bodys voice surpurses Whitney - She had a God Given Gift - One of a kind. The enemy took hold of her with drugs and fought with God for years to have her. Finally in the past 3 yrs through Cissy and other family members prayer and fasting, slowly she was turning her life around, gave up on drugs and cleaned up real nice (as you will see in the below video) and we were all glad to see her change. She fought, and she fought, and she fought and she was doing so well lately, and yet it hurt me to see that she is gone today (no matter how she died - it doesnt matter to me  - point is she is gone and we will never see nor hear hear her again.
.
Years ago, Through a friend (K.W) I once met Nathan Morris (of B2M fame) at a music festival here in Atlanta and I was so honoured and through our long conversation (about Ghana where he'd visited once) we went on to talk about the entertainment industry, and I remember he told me how the entertainment world the newbies come (example - 20 something year old bloggers who were not even born when Whitney was Whitney) have the audacity to make fun of of Veterans like Whitney or B2M - no matter how life has changed their circumstance. Even just a few days ago a few blogs were making fun of Whitney cos she was hanging out with RayJ (MTO, Sandrarose and all the foolish gossip blogs out there). Even during her drug days - some of these newbies had the audacity to think they were better than her and looked down on her, talked about her, laughed at her, belittled her etc etc. Many blogs blogged she was broke - other speculated she was still on drugs even though she was clean and trying so hard to make better - the sent agents (witch bloggers) always talk bad about her and made fun of her every single day - even last week was worst when their new nonsensical gossip now is she is broke.
.
My point is no matter what, one always have to remember the amount of sacrifice and entertainment Whitney gave us and as such it was very disrespectful how she was constantly made fun off. And I am not saying this cos she is dead now. I use to listen to Wendy Williams during her NYC radio days for at least 7 yrs (b4 she got her talk show now) and I will never forget, she was one radio jockey who constantly and DAILY use to made fun of Whitney Houston - at least 50% of Wendys show was making fun of Whitney especially during her days of drugs in the mid 2000. And i remember even writing to Wendy once to tell her my peace of mind. Now that she is dead, watch all these hypocritical heffas come out of the wood work to prophecy their underdying love for her for face value on twitter and on camera. She was a great talent that should never have been disrespected no matter what she went through.
.
See how Beyonce is alive right now and many bloggers (most low self esteem heffas who wanna be her yet cant) hate on her constantly and dailies - God forbid if Beyonce dies. Watch how many will come out and say how much they loved her.
.
If you love someone who is alive - say it and show it now. dont wait till they are gone. I mean i know all of us will die but some deaths are just so shocking. To say I am sad is an understatement. We got Mariah and Celine now but there will never be another Whitne Houston. NEVER!!!!!
.
Pray for Cissy and Bobbi Kristina. Cissy as a mom has been through sooooooooooo much pain in her life and my heart goes out to her. No parent should bury her daughter. Gosh this is the most messed up Black History Month ever. I cant take it anymore.

.
In Memory of Whitney My Favourite Songs by Whitney. Gosh my heart hurts me so bad tonight.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Her Last Interview in promo for upcoming movie SPARKLE starring Derek Luke and Jordin Sparkes
.
.
Whenever am down this is my most favourite and ONLY song that i can play to lift me up - bar none. Love it.
.
.
.
There will NEVER EVER EVER EVER BE another voice like Whitney Houston. He paved the way for all these newbies  out here now.  Its funny even Osama Bin Laden had a soft spot for her and apparently owned all her CDs in that cave of his.
.
As we mourn Whitney tell me when was your very 1st time you ever heard Whitney Houston song - how old were you, where were you and what was your favourite.
.
Whitney you will Forever Be Missed
You will never be replaced
.
I dont ever drink - I dont even remember the last time i drunk. But tonight I am going to get hella drunk. Whitney why you had to do this to us.Why? - This is so unfair. I love Michael and i shed many a tears for him but this Whitney death has really effed me up. I am so so so so so sad.
.
(ps: Watch out for the movie "Sparkle" which will come out this summer) - Today Feb 11 is also Brandy (Norwood) 33rd Birthday. I guess she will never forget this day.
.

GoodBye Whitney
(RIP)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...