Monday, February 20, 2012

Hausa Movies

Hausas are one of the larges ethnic group in West Africa. They are chiefly located in northern Nigeria and southeastern Niger, but having significant numbers living in regions of Cameroon, Ghana, Cote DiVoire, Chad and Sudan. Predominantly Hausa communities are scattered throughout West Africa and on the traditional Haji route across the Sahara Desert, especially around the town of  Agadez. A few Hausa have moved to large coastal cities in the region such as Lagos, Accra, Kumasi and Cotonou, as well as to countries such as Libya. .
.
In Ghana the Hausa language is widely spoken from our brothers and sisters up from up north of Ghana although in Accra where i grew up I knew of many. I know Nigeria has a hausa movie industry, and I am wishing my ghanaian hausa movie industry will take off. Growing up in Ghana i never understood the language, but i love to hear it cos it sounded so nice in my ears, The market is there considering you are the largest ethnic group and with good scripts and great acting, I am sure hasua movies will even surpass all the other ethnic language movie industry.
.
I look to you guys, Try and come out with great stuff because I am ready to fully support you by watching and reviewing your movies.I watch movies with any language - so far as its great and well subtitled i dont descriminate. As i have mentioned here before, for years I have been watching a lot of Yoruba, Francophone, etc and i enjoy the scripts - some are even 100 times better scripts than our english movies (although they need to work on the subtitles better). Indian movies are a success cos the scripts are good and the acting is good and even without subtitles they still have a world following and amass of people who watch Bollywood movies.
.
I want to see better actors than just Ali Nuhu - am sure there are way better talent than that.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...