Thursday, December 15, 2011

Phone Swap (An Upcoming 2012 Movie by Kunle Afolayan)


This is a new movie coming out in 2012 by well respected and International Award Winning Movie Maker Kunle Afolayan. The movie is starring Nse Ikpe Etim, Wale Ojo, Lydia Forson etc.
.
Below is the trailer
.
I am quite excited for 2012 cos lawd knows this was the year of the crap movie epidermic  - this was one of the worst years personally for me in my 11yrs watching african movies. 98% of movie releases were all absolutely crap. Its like the market is so saturated by producers and directors who dont know what they are doing and actors and actresses who do nothing but give us headache by merely watching them. The epidermic of "Money Miss Rd" - they get a lil change - they want to make a movie - Na wah ohhhhh!!!!! Sheish. If i tell you the amount of paracetamol i have taken this year alone watching some of these movies. LOL
.
I watched almost all the crap releases that were put out (cos i have no choice - if i havent watched it i cant make judgement) - and i chose not to waste an ounce of my precious time to review any of them because none of them were worth mentioning. I dont want you to waste your time watching it let alone buy it- and thats why i have chosen not to review it. To each his own. One could say review it and i will make my decision - well - am sorry i cant do that - For a hobby that i do and not get paid i think i should have some say on how my time is spent #knowwhattamsaying#.  I will be giving 'them" the satisfaction by even mentioning them here let alone review.
.
I dont have any of these crap movies in my possession now because i returned them all but i am trying to gather them back to note down all the titles, names of the producers, directors, actors etc, - once am able to gather all, i will be creating and end of year "2011 MISS TILII CRAP AFRICAN MOVIE AWARDS " - nominating and awarding actors, actresses, directors, producers, writers etc. I make no promises but once i am able to gather all the info I will do this. If you watched any movie you deemed crap - please let me know (title and all) and i will place it in the crap bucket for nomination. Off the top of my head i know particular folks will be taking home several awards  LOL.
.
At least 2% of the movie releases were "VERY GOOD" in my books but not necessarily one that sticks out in my mind which i will deem "A GREAT CLASSIC MOVIE"
.
A lot of my time was also spent watching old classics from my cherished movie library just to reminisce bout the good ole days - although the picture and sound quality were not as top notch, the scripts and acting were more exciting.
.
I am just fortunate to have a dealer whom i have dealt with all these years and is kind enough to allow me to return all the movies i dont like without paying for it and in turn sell it to another sucker who loves to spend their hard earned money buying crap movies - (eg by just looking at the attractive glossy pretty/handsome movie jacket :)) ). This saves me a lot of money, i must say. I repeat, - I only spend my money to buy movies i deem classic.
.
I am excited for 2012. I have know of several movies already completed or in the pipe line and all by promising producers & directors, starring good actors and actresses - so I am hopeful for 2012 much more than ever. I hope i wont be dissapointed.
.
Kunle is one of my most respected filmaker and I know I will not be dissapointed with this one. Please look out for it and lets support it when it comes out
.

1 comment:

Adesuwa said...

I want to see the list!!!! Abeg, abeg, abeg!!! What good movie really came out this year. I haven't seen "Tango with Me," "Adesuwa," or the movie making me shake like a crackhead, waiting in anticipation "In the Cupboard." I'm on edge.... I have stopped watching anything by Venus "Productions" (in quotes b/c I don't respect them, therefore I use that word loosely), Tonto Dike, and others who frankly don't deserve to have their names remembered. I will wait anxiously for the list. When's that mystery interview coming?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...