Monday, November 7, 2011

WHERE WOULD YOU WANT AFRICA TO BE IN 2060

This is a nice documentary i encourage everyone to watch (if you get a hold of it or it shows on a tv station near you). Its very well done. I am so proud to be African and have never been as optimistic about our continent and the direction we are heading as much as now.



By 2060 - I want to see a completely peaceful continent where there are no more civil wars in any nation (Thankfully Ghana has never had one, and I wish that for everybody). 


I wish that the illiteracy level will decrease. 

I see a huge decrease in poverty and completely wipe out dependency on the west and maintain our own resources ourselves and better.

I wish that all the brain gains who are out of the country for one reason or the other, have returned home to help build the continent like the Indians and the chinese did theirs. I want to see that we have no more old men (60, 70yrs old -including tyrants) heading our nations, but rather 40 something year old well educated, smarter brains men (like Obama's age group) - heading most of the african nations as presidents, bringing in more modern ideas for rebuilding and improving our economies (rather that these old acake greedy old men who are so resistant to change).

I see better and improved urban infracstructures in every city, every village, every town etc etc particularly town planning, roads and transportation eg fast speed trains where i can sit in in Accra and within 30 mins I am in Lagos or IvoryCoast, or that i can hop in my car and within 2hrs i can confidently arrive at my destination without potholes and what not - just as i am able to make it in 2hrs on road from Atlanta to a neigboring state.

My biggest wish by 2060 - is for corruption to be erased.

My wishful thinking is there are no lizards cos i hate them - but like i said - its wishful thinking. I wish all the lizards  will sit on a boat and migrate to the west world - am sure they will know what to do to them ).

I also wish to see more of our younger generation speaking our native language - unlike what i pitifully saw when i went home to ghana (utterly pitiful to see a teenager born and raised in Ghana, never set foot out the country and cant speak the ghana language all they speak is english - some even have correct brimerican accents - I was just utterly disgusted by the parents who allowed such nonsense. By age 7 I was speaking Twi, Ga and Ada - 3 languages - I still grew up fine and speak my desent ghanaian english. Dont know if this trend is like that in other metropolitan cities across africa - but personally i think its utterly pitiful to be loosing our language. My future kids have no choice - strict rule in my house - english will be banned! speak it at school). If you are from Africa born and raised (eg primary, secondary educated etc) and you  cant speak your language please dont brag about it - cos its SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! UTTERLY PITIFUL .

I wish for a much more improved African Film Industry and that then last but not Least - i wish Majid and Genevieve would have won an oscar by 2060.
YES! - The First shall be the Last and the Last shall be the First.

This Is My Africa is an award-winning documentary film. Directed and produced by Zina Saro-Wiwa, this quirky and unique film is a journey into an Africa that many may not know about. Created to reveal a more personal vision of the continent by weaving together the personal memories, tastes and experiences of 21 Africans and Africaphiles, This Is My Africa has been described as a 50-minute crash course in African culture.
The Film features contemporary artist Yinka Shonibare MBE; actor Colin Firth; filmmaker John Akomfrah OBE; Channel 4 news anchor Jon Snow; actor Chiwetel Ejiofor; singer Mpho Skeef; author Biyi Bandele; travel writer Noo Saro-Wiwa; opera singer Josephine Amankwah; fashion designer Bayo Oduwole; playwright Dipo Agboluaje; writer Mazzi Binaisa; DJ Duncan Brooker; politician and lawyer Paul Boateng; restaurateur Mourad Mazouz; actress and film-maker Lupita Nyong'o; writer and curator Nana O. Ayim; magazine publishers Njide and Nneka Ugboma; DJ/Producer Tony Nwachukwu and contemporary artist Mustafa Maluka.

Watch clips of the film.


1 comment:

Adesuwa said...

I saw this on HBO a while ago. It is an AMAZING documentation! I share your views especially when it comes to young people who grew up in the west (like me) going back *HOME* to use their education to better their country. That is my plan when I finish my residency (I am on the M.D. path). Why stay here?! Also I agree with you on the problem with kids not knowing their native tongue. I am Bini, but grew up here and I can't speak and I keep that TO MYSELF!! I am MORTIFIED!! There is SOOOOOOOO much to be done, and in all honesty, if government officials REALLY wanted to make changes needed, they would be done (high speed rail, infrastructure, healthcare...) but, the government does not care! Money is NOT an excuse b/c their is money. These things are investments. When you invest, you get a return. I could go on and on... I like (and sincerely appreciate) that you bring up issues that we Africans need to talk about! THANK YOU!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...