Friday, November 11, 2011

PASTOR BROWN (An Upcoming Movie by Rockmond Dunbar)

Rockmond Dunbar
(Actor of "Soul Food fame & now Producer)
.
Rockmonds Upcoming Movie


I love love love love movies with 100% great casting and this movie above is no exception. This movie stars all my favourite and the icing ont he cake - theres a cameo of my pastor and one of the greatest teacher of the good bible - Pastor Creflo Dollar.
Actor Rockmond Dunbar‘s directorial debut for Pastor Brown is finally ready to be released. Production for the faith-based film began in 2008 and now the film has a distributor–Coming in 2012.
I am so proud of Rockmond - he has come so far and has paid his dues in the movie industry. I fell in love with his character on the long running HBO series "SOUL FOOD" (which was a spin off from the movie) as he played husband to Maxine's character (Vanessa Williams). If hollywood is not calling you - you got to solicit some $$$ and create your own - Tyler can be the only one holding up - considering the likes of Spike etc aint doing much lately but sit on their asses critiquing those doing IT. I am overly excited cost he cast is DOUBLE MUAH - love them all. We need more diverse good scripted movies in our black community - so we dont get typecasted.


I love and will always support Black Hollywood and I yearn for all my favourite actors/actresses sitting on the side bench waiting for that call to get work - to finally be able to do work continuously. You can check this link to see my greatest HOLLYWOOD ACTORS/ACTORS of all time.
.
Anyway, "the movie "PASTOR BROWN" stars Salli Richardson, Nicole Ari Parker, Keith David, Michael B. Jordan, Michael Beach (one of the most underrated actors in my humble opinion - Love me some Michael), Tisha Campbell-Martin, Tasha Smith, Dondre T. Whitfield, Rockmond Dunbar, Ernie Hudson, Monica, Angie Stone, India, Arie - to name a few. Guest appearance by Pastor Creflo Dollar (obviously doing what he does best, great biblical words of wisdom in a short scene). For my Pastor to even agree to do a cameo in this movie - which he has never done before, this alone tells me - this is a spiritually great movie with some great morals to the story. Cant sleep on that one yall.


While speaking to Collider dot com about his current role on FX’s Sons of Anarchy, Dunbar stated that a deal had been reached with a distributor ARC Entertainment: 


When I directed this film called PASTOR BROWN , 3 years ago, We got 18 offers for distribution, 3 of which were international and we finally settled on ARC Entertainment. They  are going to do the distribution for the movie so it will have theatrical release. It looks like that'll come out somewhere around April 2012. Its a great film that is very spiritually uplifting.

The film made its way to several film festivals in 2009, including the American Black Film Festival (ABFF).

Please see this trailer - Ohhh i love this. now this is highly anticipating for me.
.
(PS: Well i see they just had to squeeze in husband and wife Sallie Richardson and Dondre Whitfield in there huh? Well whilst you were at it - you might as well have included my Ghanaian brother Boris Kodjoe to be with his wife too on set - am just saying though :)) )

(source: collider)

3 comments:

Movie Critics Reviews said...

I love to see comedic actors do a serious role. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Stranger Than Fiction are actually my favorites from those two actors. I admit I'm more of a comedic type, but the fact that they did them so well and so convincing I think made them my favorites.

Movie Critics Reviews said...

I love to see comedic actors do a serious role. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Stranger Than Fiction are actually my favorites from those two actors. I admit I'm more of a comedic type, but the fact that they did them so well and so convincing I think made them my favorites.

Anonymous said...

The trailer looks interesting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...