Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Y'all Ready For a "Weekend Get Away" ? (RAA Productioni)

The Whole Cast
Gen & Uti

Uru Eke

Desmon Directing Ini and Bryan on a Golf Course





Bev and Bob

Dinner time - after a long day shoot
(Ramsey, Alexx, Bryann etc)


Ini and Philip (her real life hub)


And finally Bola and Nonso


(NF u happy now, ur hub Nonso LOL-lets hope he quit acting and now a fulltime DJ LOL)


So I have known for awhile about this upcoming Royal Arts Academy movie "WEEKEND GETAWAY", but i had to keep mum about it until when told. When it comes to RAA releases, I can only broadcast my excitement only if i am given the green light (allegiance). i was so excited by the casting when i heard it and that is why i just could not wait to tell you all.


Now when it comes to most RAA movies, its not one of your fly by night mediocre "razzistic" nonsensical no head no tail movies combined with bush titles. This is the real deal. It has a plot to it and great acting combined. The very kind you save your money to buy and dont think you will be seeing this on some youtube page any soon - It aint that kinda party boo. Leave that to Beavers LOL.


(the Below was written by Bola Aduwo)

Shooting for this movie started 2 weeks ago right after the Uyo State Star Studded Premiere of I will Take My Chances (starring Ini and Bryan). Producing-dynamo-combo Emem Isong & Ini Edo (after Ini's first movie production debut of "Memories of the Heart") have teamed up again and are producing a monster of a movie which includes just about every A-Lister in Nollywood! The cast list is like a walking award winning list...Screen Goddess, Genevieve Nnaji, Heart throb Ramsey Nouah, Sultry Ini Edo, beautiful Monalisa Chinda and they act with the next generation of Nollywood super stars; sexy Brian Okwara, Uti Nwachukwu, Alexx Ekubo, Uru Eke and Beverly Naya. Also in the film are the hilarious Bishop Ime Umoh, Ini Ikpe and introducing ...all the way from Canada, hunky Bobby Obodo! It is ofcourse directed by the one and only... Desmond Elliot.

Bola Aduwo of Nollywooduncut was there live and was granted unfettered access to the set. In a one on one chat with, Emem Isong one of the producers, she explained; 'We just finished the premiering of a movie (I'll Take My Chances) in Uyo and we had all these stars that we invited all in one place, my mind was ticking and I said "There is no way I will let all these actors go before they shoot a movie! So I approached some of them about this and surprisingly many said 'Yes'. I ask about the script... how could it be ready? She smiles with a twinkle in her eye, 'The script had been ready, trust me!' So you had this all planned out, I ask? She smiles even more enigmatically, 'Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies!



You can read the rest here on Nollywooduncut

All Credits including photos to: Davies Bassey, Bola Aduwo, Razor ( except group pic which was taken by Kelechi of K.C Photos

Watch this space for updates for the storyline (and eventually the trailer). In the mean time i want you to guess all the Couple Pairing for this movie -Whose babe was who? and whose bobo was who?. Dont be fooled by the photos, just cos you seen them together in the photo doesnt NECESSARILY mean they were paired together (LOL). I want you to make your wild guesses or better yet, if you were the producer whom would you have paired with whom. (Ladies: Gen, Uru, Ini, Beverly, Monalisa - Gents: Ramsey, Alexx,Uti, Bryan, Bob ) - DO THE MATH.


Anywhoo - just know that 2012 will be a better year for great movies than 2011 was - More new faces, and better storylines. I got some gist of whats to come by several of our great producers and will release the upcoming movie info when the time is right.



SUPPORT NOLLYWOOD AND PURCHASE GREAT MOVIES - READ REVIEWS AND KNOW WHATS BEST TO BUY. I WATCH ALMOST "ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" NEW RELEASES AND IF ITS NOT REVIEWED HERE, THEN KNOW IT AINT WORTH MENTIONING (AT LEAST IN MY OPINION)

(leave the crap movies to the BEAVERs or you can watch it free online or youtube or wherever u watch it LOL- they aint worth a dime anyway - definately worth FREE) LOL

5 comments:

Adesuwa said...

What did you get?! I'm excited to find out. Thank God we are in the same timezone.... LOL

Adesuwa said...

How will I wait until next year????? How?!?! I am still on pins and needles waiting for 'In the Cupboard'. CHEI!!! I don't know! I am so happy Nollywood is steppin' up their game BIG TIME!! I am also happy that these new kids (Kids. They are my age or older) are being SMART about what roles they pick. Round o' applause!!! Leave feces for the flies... real talk!

Anonymous said...

Hello Ms TiLii, I was wondering if you have any info about any upcoming movies with Daniel K Daniel, Paul Sambo and Chigozie Atuanya. Since the release of Ladies' Men, I have not heard anything about them. Thanks.

Miss T-i-l-i-i (African Movie Reviewer) said...

Anonymous I know Daniel and Paul all have something lines up for 2012. Some movies have been shot already, its up to the producer to release them - i know of these movies i just cant announce here yet cos i dont even know what the final title is going to be.

Miss T-i-l-i-i (African Movie Reviewer) said...

Adesewa, calm down, cos u are not worse than me who is scratching my neck like some crackhead waiting for her next hit, waiting in anticipation

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...