Monday, August 8, 2011

I am Utterly Saddened by Sam Loco Efe's Demise



He was one of my favourite - ultimate favourite. There are 4 people who make me laugh to rib stiffiness in Nollywood movies and Sam Loco Efe was my number #1 followed by Patience Ozorkwor, Nkem Owoh and Chiwetalu Agu.

Its amazing - i was just watching his movie last week and he made me laugh so much i said, I swear if this man passes someday many years from now and I am home, even though i may not be invited, i will gate crush my way in and I will definately go pay my last respect - cos i love him so much..

I am watching all his movies all week - to remember all the times he made me laugh and I hope for his funeral - to celebrate his life, they also showcase some of his funny skits, I am not home now and i cannot attend but i hope the funeral is well organised -I will write my own eulogy of him and post it here of how happy he made me watching Nollywood movies. I will never forget Sam Loco, i respected and loved him so much. In my head he was like a father or grandfather who told stories to make me laugh.

I am sure all of Nollywood is sad - especially Patience and Nkem who acted with him so many times. No nollywood death has pained me as much as this man. I was so numb yesterday when i heard it. I hope ALLL of the entertainment industry back home go pay their last respect to this man. He is a very special man and I am sure he will be making those angels laugh their ribs off.

My favourite thing he does is when he swears and he touches his finger to his tongue - to the ground and to the sky and say "maka chukwu" - The last movie i saw was "Sweet Patotoe" - watch this funny scene as he encourages his (son) Nkem Owoh to commit suicide - he said "Its a fundamental human rights"



Please lets respect and love the ones who are living and not wait until they are gone. Sam like Patience Ozorkwor i always felt was one of the most underrated actors in Nollywood. Despite he joked a lot - he was a very excellent actor in my opinion and I tear up as i typed this cos i know i will miss him immensely.

RIP Uncle Sam Loco Efe. You will be surely missed by many.

2 comments:

bestting said...

EYYAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! vi still dnt wnt to believe this. Mayhis blessed soul rest in peace

The Relentless Builder said...

Yes, Sam Loco Efe will be missed. I remember watching him perform not just in movies, but also in local TV series, and he was always certain to deliver. He is one of those people who I often wonder what else they would do if they were not actors. He will certainly be missed.

Thanks for paying tribute to him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...