Friday, April 15, 2011

TANGO WITH ME (Genevieve Nnaji and Benjamin Joseph)

By Miss Tilii

I am still waiting for a big pic, once i get it i will change this above

website

If you are regular to this blog you should know by now i have been raving bout his movie for over a year now. I mentioned it here and here and i guess got tired of waiting but thanks to Mr Mahmood (the owner and producer of the movie) the movie is finally being premiered. Producer like to tease us with anything with Genevieve, they will just dangle the carrot in this rabbits face for months on end and even a year and some change. But Lord Knows I love me so Genny so i dont complain - I have patience for anything with her, so I just sit and nurse my pain until the movie is released - I guess i have become immuned to the teasings now. You can imagine how happy i am now that its being released (Mr Bolagun, i was beginning to think it wont see it until 2012- *wink *wink* lol)

Below is a list of all the crew who made it happen, including some international crew men

Starring: Genevieve Nnaji, Joseph Benjamin, Joke Silva, Bimbo Akintola (just these few cast mentioned and crew listed below should tell you - this movie "Eno be your regular fly by night Idomuta level home movies you get bombarded with" - it was not shot over a week or two - they took their time )

Produced: Mahmood Bolagun

Directed of Photography: Keith Holland

Screenplay: Femi Kayode:

Director of Photography: Joy Whittaker

Sound Recordist: Kayode Ilelaboye



Here are all the details and premier dates and times. .


Date:

Friday April 22 2011

.

Time:

11am onwards

.

Locations:

All Major Cinemas Nation wide across Nigeria

.

I encourage everyone back home in nigeria to go out and support this movie. This is not your bootleg kind you wait until it gets on some bootleg site to watch. Go pay your naira and watch it and come back and give me review since you are priviledged to watch before me. Other locations outside of nigiera will be announced at a later stage (just watch this space)

i know i posted trailer here before (as you will see in the above links) - but this trailer below is a tad different. Watch Trailer


Genny - you know i love you like a sister right but honestly this time 55% of the reason i am eager to see this movie is to see Joseph Benjamin lips up close on screen. Chei this acting business has benefits oooh - maybe i should consider it. After seeing his performance I may have to brand him our new African Denzel - if he has great talent and with this looks to match chei. I drooled over Muna for years, until in 2010 he had to eff it up with his choice of roles and the last straw for me was the movie where he wore those green thongs (uhmm wachmacallit??? Nollywoodforever remind me whats that nonsense movie he did with with Tontoh called) - After i saw those thongs, and to top it off he had the audacity to go patriotric and had those thongs be GREEN color. That was a wrap for me - All the fantasies flew out the window - i kid you not (dont laugh am serious) - Muna put me through some disappointing pain. If you did that movie to show your versatility as a good actor - dude that was a wrong move - the movie was not that great. ITs like you took 5 steps forward and 8 steps back. You still a good actor Muna and I like ya movie, am just saying the fantasy is not there anymore and ya choices have been a bit blahhh lately. Your longevitity in this industry and your talents surpassed thong wearing - you should not have taken that role and the other subsequent ones you have done this 2011. Dude - get it together!

So I guess Joseph Benjamin might be my new african onscreen catch this 2011 moving forward. My friend called me one day mad cos JB's facebook don reach limit and she cant get on - i laughed my heart out. LL Cool aint got nothing on JB lips - true dat!! -I have a feeling he is one of those kinds who (unlike his many counteparts) is going to be selective in his choice of roles. I will be so happy if he takes that route. I dont mind waiting even if 3 times only a year to see them lips.

Ok check out the new trailer. Its just a tad different from the one I post in 2010

5 comments:

Nollywood Forever said...

My dear it was Dirty Secret

*the* chatter*box* said...

LOL @ "Producer like to tease us with anything with Genevieve, they will just dangle the carrot in this rabbits face for months on end and even a year and some change. "

these producers will drive us insane with this wait lol!!!...Benjamin gives me that adjetey vibe ...( dnt ask me why but i've got the hots for him)..he will go far if he is just as selective.

By the way Miss TILLI could you do an ACTRESS&ACTORS/ directors/producers not to watch / beware of these ACTORS/ACTRESSES etc.......coz i just watched a movie with "BIOLA IGE"...it was so ecxrutiating to watch her try to emote...oh the agony!!...i have seen her before and she was passable (by that i mean 3-4 out of 10)....but i would love to spare someone the 'pain' lol......just wondering.

Miss T-i-l-i-i (African Movie Reviews) said...

For sure, I am on it , If only i could learn to add pages on this blogger page and i will subtitle one of the pages, Actors and Actresses to Stay away from

deedee said...

Caught 'Tango With Me' at the cinemas and I was really impressed. The camera work was really good, i kinda forgot I was watching a nollywood movie!......many of the actors were on point. Although this kind of story has been told before but this one is unique in that it was quite realistic in its portrayal of the events in the xters's lives....the ending was okay and funny, I felt it was a bit rushed....I wished for more progression esp. about how genny and joseph's xters were able to find the magic (perhaps the winning formular) in the bedroom.....
All in all thumbs up! Welcome to the new nollywood, I hope its here to stay......

Arkmichael Oluchukwu said...

THE MOVIE IS WORLD CLASS AND THE COLLECTION OF ACTORS I THINK ARE THE BEST AFRICA HAS TO COMPETE WITH THE WORLD SO FAR DISCOVERED INCLUDING KATE HENSHAW,STELLA,LIZ BENSON AND OTHER REFINED ACTORS. GENEVIVE IS UNDOUBTEDLY A SCREEN gODDESS AND THE BEST ACTRESS TO HAVE GRACED WORLD TV FROM AFRICAN SOIL. I KNOW THE WORLD WILL HONOR THIS MOVIE WITH AWARDS,AND OF COURSE THE MOVIE WILL MAKE THE BILLIONS IT DESERVES.I FEEL LIKE TELLING THE WORLD NOW THAT I AM A NIGERIAN.THIS MOVIE HAS PROVED THAT WE REVOLVING SOON THERE WOULD BE NO ROOM FOR MEDIOCRE AND SUB STANDARD MOVIES AND OTHER PRODUCTS IN NIGERIA.I AM GLAD THAT I AM OF THE HIGH CLASS I TELL THE PACE HAS BEEN SET AND THERE IS NOGOINHG BACK. I AM ARKMICHAL OLUCHUKWU AND MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS ARCMICHAELWILTL@YAHOO.COM.PHONE NUMBER 08035379793 AND I STUDIED THEATER AND FILM STUDIES/ENGLISH ANS LITERARY STUDIES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA.AND I AM A RARE TALENT IN ACTING,DIRECTING,SCRIPT WRITING, MOVIE PRODUCTION,PRESENTING,MODELING,MC,SPEECH MAKING AND LOTS MORE.WHY NOT DARE TO SEE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...