Tuesday, May 10, 2011

LADIES MEN 1-4 / LOVE and SACRIFICE 1-2 (Movie Review)

STORYLINE:

Love is sometimes funny. We always fallin love with the wrong people. Is it that we fail to make the right decisions? Some people get everything good in their relationship, but yet they dont appreciate it, while on the other hands other struggle to acuqire what we already have. You dont cherish what you have , but others admire what you have. Folks protect your love, cos if you lose him/her, its hard to find


Ms Tilii's version: Ok so now that we finished typing all that grammar off the DVD box (lol), let me just put the syponosis of this movie in simple terms. Its about 4 couples going through the ups and downs of relationships in life that every average person faces everyday - Some with the wrong people - others with the right people yet dont appreciate it.
.
STARRING


The Ladies


-Mercy Johnson as Mirabel
-Funke Akindele as Samantha
-Halima Abubakar as Sandra
-Ruth Kadiri as Vanessa
-Queen Nwokoye as Magaret/Maggie


-Nazareth Jesse (aka Naz) as Jemima



The Gentlemen



-Paul Sambo as Kelvin
-Daniel K Daniel as Benard
-Chigozie Atuanya - Mike
-Femi Adebayo as Richie
-Alex Ekubo as Jude
-Sam Iheanacho as Charles



PRODUCED BY Ephraim Arinze


CO PRODUCED BY Stanley C Ebonnie
DIRECTED BY Afam Okereke


CASTING DIRECTOR: Stanley C Ebonnie - great casting Oga!!
.
MY REVIEW
I must admit, I really enjoyed this movie, and though i will not put any movie rated less than 8/10 on my shelve, this is going on my shelve - its a nice movie i can enjoy when i have friends over. Everybody can relate to one character or the other in one point in their lives


.
The Acting: The acting by all cast was very good, and you cannot help but notice the new male actors (well they may not necessarily be new but they are new to the most of us). They are namely Paul Sambo, Daniel K Daniel, Femi Adebayo, Alex Ekubo and Chigozie Atuanya.


.
Femi Adebayo is not known in English movies but he is a household name in most yoruba movies (which i was watch a alot). Chigozie i already mentioned here, he may not necessarily be a household name, but he has been in the game for a long minute and paid all his dues to be finally getting some shine with some lead roles. All the brothers are fine, and that makes the movie even better..


In the movie all the ladies/guys were going through their own share of relationship problems. We had an Sex Addict (Alex Ekubo's Character), a Workaholic (Charles character), A Mommys Boy (Daniel K Daniel's character), a Womanizer (Femi Adebayo character), The Dictator and physical abuser (Paul Sambo's character) and Mr Push Over or Too Nice to a Fault kinda like Aidan from Sex in the City (Chigozie's Character). Though the acting for almost all of them was "good" in my books, If you ask me the two that caught my eye the most are newbies Paul Sambo and Daniel K Daniel.



Paul Sambo - Kelvin the Abuser/Dictator: was just cute and natural in his acting without even trying too hard - but the physical abuse part of him was really getting on my nerves (kinda like Blair Underwood in movie "Madea's family Reunion" - he is cute and all but I was not liking that).
.

I wish to see Paul paired up with the likes of Genevieve or Nse IkpeEtim in a romantic movie of some sort. Dont know much about dude but he comes across as a a well trained actor - either - he did some stage plays in the past or maybe belong to some TV series sitcom. He is just a natural on screen without trying too hard (like most of the mediocre actors do) - I say if any of our great producers are reading this, try and write a script with this gentleman in mind. He will do you justice. (PS: oh and did it tell yal he has some great hands and finger nails -See am a neat freak and i pay attention to the hands and clean finger nails - some men pay attention to womens feet - I like the hands - it speaks a lot. NOt to say this has got anything to do with review, but am just saying - Miss Tilii got great eye for detail and i noticed sha lol lol - wink wink ).
.

In Summary MR PAUL SAMBO we got our eye on you and this journey - welcome to Nollywood. We like you already. We likes We likes. Mmmm
.

Daniel K Daniel - Ben the mama's boy -Daniel character was a realllllll mommy's boy, cant think for himself - Mommy Mommy Mommy, whatever his mom says goes - and I am sure we can all testify to knowing someone like that in real life.
.

I also saw Daniel already in a recent movie titled "UNDER" - though I did not rate it that high due to some lackluster acting by a few actresses - the sript was ok, and i will review it later just for the sake of it. In this movie he plays a gay/mistress to Artus Frank (Ok i had to come back and edit this part - someone emailed me saying i cant call a guy a mistress - abeg tell me what do i call a guy having an affair with a married man- MISTERSTRESS?????? I dont run in those circles - maybe I need to drive to their mecca in Midtown Atlanta and ask those queenies - and whilst am it ask them where they get their eyebrows done- cos no one does it better lol). The movie "UNDER which Daniel stars in and has scenes with Artus, was not ewww, or explicit like Muna and JD "Dirty Secret" -but I just paid real good attention to him in particular and he acted well and natural in this role which tells me he could be versatile and we need to watch him closley cos he is bout to climb this ladder fast - IF he chooses good scripts.
.

Apparently Daniel is also in Izu Ojukwu 2008 movie "THE CHILD" which I am yet to see ( i am tired of complaining of not getting a hold of Izu's work in these parts of the diaspora - I am waiting DESPERATELY to see them all - I am very behind on Izu's movies - cos it is is not available here. I am still waiting - If I havent watched it yet I cant rave about it and there are a lot of ppl in US waiting - so please Mr Ojukwu please make una do). Daniel like Paul - i reallly got my eye on. I want to see Daniel play opposite Ini Edo, Mercy Johnson or Martha Ankomah or some new face talent actress we dont know yet. You best believe I am hinting to some folks to use him. So DKD like i said, please be selective - i truly wish you be selective. The money maybe tempting but - I promise being selective will pay off in the long run.
.

I was quite impressed with both Paul and Daniel considering they just got in this acting thing (at least i assume or as a movie watcher this is the first time am seeing them so i consider them new). Exactly what i have been wanting to see, cute, handsome, eloquent and "NATURALLY" articulate without forcing it and can bring the character to life. The camera loves these new fellas and so do we (the ladies). I really want to see more of all these guys, they are a breath of fresh air after the years of same ole same ole recycling of the old. (ps: and Oh Daniel got some cute lips/smile i tell ya, first it was Joseph Benjamin- now Daniel, Chei i guess i gotta get my meeni meeni mini mo on lol). Thank God we ladies wanted some pin ups and we gradually we getting em.
.

Chigozie Atuanya - Mike - Mr Too Nice to A Fault or Mr Pushover: Now this character was just like Sex in the City Aidan (the best guy for Carey yet she was still in love with Mr Big). Looking at this character some men will say "Women dont like good guys" its always the bad guy who will treat them wrong - but abeg oga dont generalise. Some women like good guys as such. He did all any good man will do to please his woman - but his woman walked all over him and treated him like he was not worth a dime. When he loved - he genuinely loved. Mike was a real gentleman - the kind every good woman should have - In Love & Sacrifice even after Mirabel tried to cheat on him and he found out, he was angry like any normal person would be - but as a real gentleman that he was - as they left the ranch - he still found it in him to open the door for his lady to sit down in the car. Am like "GTFOH" - THESE TYPE OF MEN DO NOT EXIS joh - make i hear word -. But honestly Chigozie if this is how you are in real life - then kudos to you brother - cos you are the last of the Mohicans. Chei.
.

Femi Adebayo - Richie the serial womanizer: Between the Pervert (Alex Ekubo's character) and Richie's i dont know who was worse. Adebayo's acting was neither here or there with his acting and I cant really rave about it, but i guess with time, in english movies, he will grow more comfortable like he is, in the yoruba movies. Oh Mr womanizer will cheat on you before you could say "Jack Robinson" and got his apology on track - the ultimate player. He'll be on his knees, eyes all squinted like he is about to cry, voice all sweet & lo, and will say things like.
.

[Quote]"I swear on my honor all i want is for you and I to be together, and never apart" "Please Mirabel dont shut me out, I know i am not deserving of your love but this is a lost man trying to find himself, so please Mirabel dont Push me Out, Show me the way Mirabel and I will definately follow your lead" -[/Quote]
.

After spewing all those grammar - he will tell you to meet him at a restaurant at 8pm that evening - only to stand you up while he does what he does best - this self acclaimed lost man will just trip and fall into another womans ***** (ok let me stop here) like magic and then call you the following day and tell you he was in a car accident thats why he couldnt turn up and the mumu girlfriend will believe every word of it. Sometimes too he will use reverse pshychology on you even when he was wrong and still his mumu girl will fall for it. Chei Women don suffer. I guess is the power of that magic stick - will make some women act like blind fools. If you have a friend like Mirabel - please slap some senses into that skull of hers to wake her up before they walk into a ditch.
.

Sometimes Adebayo's delivery was quite lame in just a few parts and the "I love your HHHH-eyes" and "Mirabel is "I"story (as in H"istory) he kept saying it, and at first i didnt catch that but with time i understood he meant to say "I Love Your Eyes" - (that "H" thing was too much lol) none the less Femi like the rest is also a cute man and i love his smile. He did well nonetheless in most of the scenes. Though a womanizer he still knew never to hit a woman and always tried to advice his brothe Kelvin. He had conscience and I enjoyed watching him. I truly truly look forward to seeing him more in english movies. Like Funke - he knew when to throw in a few funny yoruba lines too - and i liked that.
.

Alex Ekubo - Jude the Bonified Certified Pervet: (Mr I want sex 6 times a day chei) plays the sex addicted boyfriend to Halima Abubakar character. He did a good job and I wish him well in this movie acting thing. He didnt have but a few scenes/lines in Pt 1 of the movie but nonetheless he played his role very convincingly and that is the most important thing. I wanted to slap the sense out his head when he tried raping Halimas 12yr old cousin. I was like what an idiot - you need to give Eric Benet a call and get ya self some help dude. Do what you do best, lock ya self in the bathroom and use your hands and some towels and leave this poor girl (Halima) alone. What is she - your "Everready" battery or something. lol - I dont know if Jude's kind exist in this world - his own was too much and if there is his kind, then God help them. Its beyond sickness. Chei. I wonder if Eric Benets one (with Halle Berry) was this bad. (i just had to come back to edit this part of the thread - Aleexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Ekuboooooooo - chei - Make una start some facebook FANPAGE or something (cos if not some idiot is bound to create a fake one on ya behalf like they did for Majid,Ramsey and the likes) - The personal emails and comments i have been getting from females from all over is too much. I am getting emails and comments about Paul, Daniel and Chigozie too, but with Alex I have lost count of women writing to me in the past week and especially today asking me who you are and how to get in contact with you. Chei See women? - the baddest guy of them all - the sex addict - Mr 6 times a day before noon - thats the one they want to know about) - Also two separate guys here in the states also contacted me asking me for your publicist - one claims he is an movie maker based here in the states and has a perfect script in mind for you (Alex)- So please Alex if you have a publicist - please tell them to go HERE and send me some info of you (I want your publicist to contact me) and let me pass it on to that inquirer (Mr inquirer if you are reading this send me ya contact too). Women - Abeg I dont know Alex oohhh - he is just as new to me as he is to you - but clearly you have all shown me yall want it be tore up (undercover freaks lol lol lol - u r laughing abi??)- Go ahead and seek him - I will do my best to interview him if that will make you happy - that is - if he grants me one. Let me know what type of questions you want me to ask if i get that opportunity). I have also gotten many emails asking me these one liners "What is the name of the guy who played "Jude" - lol lol - see if you took patience - you will notice i mentioned him many times and THE NAME OF THE GUY WHO PLAYS JUDE IS - ALEXXXX OHHHHH!!!!! - JUDE'S NAME IS ALEX EKUBO, chei. Ms Tilii don tire- See, apart from Genevieve and a few producer/director friends and industry folks- all the rest of Nollywood I have NEVER EVER met - I dont know them and Mr Alex is included - and even if i did i will run away from him (lol lol lol) - clearly some of you are brave and wont run - cos you are ready to hug on him. Lol Lol Lol (oh lord - this is all in fun sha). By Popular Demand i have pinned him up as HUNK OF THE MONTH for you ladies. Hia!! i hope you are all satisfied.

.
Sam Iheanacho - Charles The Workaholic - was married to his job - everything else was secondary. I know first hand this kind of person. A character that is so annoying - cos they really know how to ignore one like they dont even exist in the same room and just go about the money chasing job stuff. The actor who played this character (still looking for his name in the credits) - did an ok job. At least his role was convincing. These type of guys are so frustruating. Charles played his character well cos i was very frustruated with him too. In one scene this is a conversation between him and his ex - as he is begging for forgiveness
.

Charles: "I quit"; Maggies: "Quit What?" Charles: My Job;

Maggie: Ok, uhhmmm, how can you quit a job you own"

I had to laugh at that - and mind you all this while Charles is pleading his damn phone is still ringing off the hook and he is answering business calls - imagine the ultimate nerve!!!)

.
FOR THE LADIES, everyone did very well, including Queen Nwokoye whose acting I have never really cared for in the past, (and like Chigozie she has also been in the industry the longest as compared to the rest of the female cast). The other lady who played the roommate to Mercy and Halima - Nazareth Jesee (played Jemima) i dont have much to say about her acting - it was just ok . The best actress goes to Funke, followed by Queen, Mercy, Ruth, and Halima.
.

Funke Akindele as you would expect, brought it. Dont get it twisted - she can acted well in her yoruba movies but also in english movies. This time unlike movie "White Hunters" or "Jenifa" she was not playing any illiterate type character , but one of the ladies dating one of the guys (Paul Sambo character) - yet Pauls physically abused her constantly. Everything Funke does makes me laugh -for example when she confronted her boyfriends mom and gave her, her piece of mind and never failed to rattle her few yoruba lines-(but whenever i watch her I still cant shake of her illiterate characters like "Jenifa" or "Omo Ghetto" off my head cos she does it so effortless and is so hilarious in her characters). Funke is very eloquent because lets not forget in real life Funke is a well educated and was a certified trained lawyer before she turned into acting (many dont know this fact)-Funke Akindele is an excellent actress and i am glad she is slowly coming back to her roots of english movies which she started off with - she has the best of both worlds - I love me some Funke.
.

The first time i saw Funke Akindele in a movie was in "Sharon Stone" starring Genevieve about 10yrs ago, where she only had a cameo role but I never forgot her. I know she was bound to be a star and even back then, she was still funny ("Kaalllluuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!) - playing the girl who, Stephnora's Okereke Fiance character cheated with (talk about actress Stephnora where is she? I miss her).
.

I wish more of our english african movies will allow the characters to speak their native language lines in between scenes and subtitle them - i personally like that. Most South African soap operas are like that and it makes foreigners learn from it. Like in most south african soap operas they will be speaking their normal english but every now and then they throw in a line of zulu in there and i think its so cute - i pick up on words so easily and it sticks. The actors in nollywood known for such are Bob Manuel Udokwu and his side kick Saint Obi (if you get these two in a movie - its a wrap lol - though its may be an english movie - i guarantee they will rattle a few of their igbo lines in there somewhere - and its cute i think). Patience Ozorkwor does it sometimes too and the king of them all actor Chiwetalu Agu (lol) - Chiwetalu is the male version of Patience - in his coniving characters. I am always looking at him with a side eye like he is always up to no good. lol
.

Mercy Johnson did very well too but her character gave women a bad look acting so desperate for a guy who showed and desmonstrated time without number He is just not into you. She kept persisting like a mumu - am like dahn girl get some dignity, I dont care how BIG he is lol. The man doesnt want you - move on. But Mercy, girrrrrrrrrrllllllll u know i love you but i gotta tell it like it is - cos thats my name - sometimes in your characters when you are trying to act surprise or shy, the emotions you play is way overboad, Aba! its as though you are are bout to have a heart attack or something. I mean like you and Chigozie's character in house, as you two are about to kiss - am like, "oh! whatever Mercy, just get on with this kiss and stop acting like we need to call 911 cos you bout to get some heart attack". Ogini???. I mean you are trying act all shy/surprise like "I dont want" and every thing but - girrrrrlllll it is not that deep. Its starts off natural then becomes borderline annoying. Watch your own movies and critique your self in such scenes.
.

Mercy you are a EXCELLENT actress (one of my favourites) and i dont want you to be predictable in any scene - Please surprise me. I dont want to put you in the same category as i put Tontoh Dikeh were her outburst or rage scenes are always predictable cos you know whats coming (i always roll my eyes and like "here we go again" - "Vein popping on her neck and speaking with force to emphasize her strong points on an issue OR like Chika Ike who ALWAYS has the same facial expression in most scenes no matter what the moment is - that frustruated look where she has frown lines at her temple - whether its a scene of happiness, sadness, surprise, shock - anything - same facial expression - i can never differentiate when Chika is happy, surprised or sad. Stay clear away from that Mercy - you are too good an actress to be predictable in any scene.

.
Queen Nwokoye like is stated before played her role well and I was quite impressed - personally I'd say this is the best i have seen her. But Chaley that hot dirty slap for a ring? - No m'aam. You can keep your 1/4 quarter carat ring as i knee you in your balls for slapping me. Anuofia!!! She played her role very well. But seriously you and Mercy - what was with the green contacts. It was not necessary - you all looked beautiful as you are.
.

Ruth Kadiri who plays Sandra in this movie , was also the one who wrote the storyline of this movie, and as an actress she is good and has great potential to be better. She writes good movies and I like that. Good luck to her. In one scene she is mad at her boyfriend and poor bobo is on his knees begging and everything, and she looks at him dead in the eye and ask him, "You know what?" -he ask "what" - she responds "Your Breath Stiiiiiiiiiiinnninks" !!- Gosh i nearly choked on my water when i watched her say that - am like chei Ruth - you are funny ooh - what kind of wicked statement is that. No remorse even though the man is on his knees begging. Nice one Ruth, to put that in the script - I liked that.
.

Halima Abubakar as Sandra - I was quite impressed with Halima (and i have never been with any of her past movies either)- she did very well. Halima has potential to be a very good actress. She played her role very well and i like the fact that she even pressed charges towards her guy for the stunt he pulled - That sent a message to women - cos i know some women may have let it slide. I look forward to see you in such good scripts Halima - its about time you bow out of the Campus and Aristos type movies or always someones friend - someday i hope to see you in a lead role where the director /producer can make you shine to bring the best out of you - but i guess you have to work your way up to demand screen presence - I wish you the Best Halima - I like you.

.

Nazareth Jesse as Jemima - she played the roommate to Halima and Mercy's character. Like i said before i cant rave about her acting - it was just "OK" - but she played nice overrall especially dating the mama's boy (Ben) with the mama from hell. Personally i dont think she and Daniel K Daniel had any on screen chemistry - maybe if Afam, Ruth and the rest of the crew decide to continue with this movie - they might want to pair her up with Charles (Mr Workaholic) instead - I saw that flirting going on at the Ranch
.

The one scene in the movie i still dont understand and was wondering whether this is the new trend back in naija or something, was when Queen Nwokoye got one unexpected hot dirty slap from her boyfriend Femi Adeboyo character, and then immediately after he proposes marriage to her with a surprise ring, and she gladly saids yes, as she holds onto her broken sore jaw (i laughed so hard,yet scratch my head confused like "WTF was that?" - I said surprise me but DAMMMMMMNNNN!!!!!!!! as Chris Tucker will say to Ice Cube in the movie "FRIDAY"). Is that suppose to be sexy or something. I guess the new Millenium proposal.lol -


There was another proposal scene at the end of the movie with a ring stuck in a cake - am like chei African man go kill person finish oohh - So this is suppose to be a creative way to surprise your chic with an engagement ring - right in middle of the cake, so if I didnt see the ring and i eat the cake - it gets in my stomach. I guess anything is better than a hot slap lol lol. I'd rather swallow a ring than get slapped BUT nothing beats a stupid proposal than the British Man who put a $12,000 ring on a ballon to propose to his chic, and he approached his chick gleaming like an anuofia fool - before he could say Jack Robinson the ballon and the $12,000 ring flew out of his hands into thin air and he NEVER found the ring again. If you were his girlfriend - what would you do. Some one needs to write a book to show MEN how to really propose to their women. Its a long overdue book.


I dont like to give movies away by telling the whole story (this is the most i have given out for any movie review), but lets just say the movie was one of the most enjoyable movies i have seen since the beginning of the 2011. Besides this movie like any other nollywood movie do a good enough job by giving the story away within the first 5 mins of the movie by the simple ridiculous music lyrics (see the bottom of the page for the lyrics in blue and sing along with me)


ITS FUNNY IN LIFE HOW THOSE YOU LOVE/WANTS DONT LOVE/WANT THE SAME, YET THOSE WHOM YOU DONT LOVE/CARE FOR ARE THE ONES WHO LOVE YOU THE MOST. Life is so funny and which ever way you look at it EVERYBODY on this planet want and search for one thing - TO LOVE ONE AND BE LOVED BACK EQUALLY - yet the majority are wasting their time loving the wrong people who do not love them the same and they in turn loving others who dont love them. Seek ye first the..... and the rest will follow. Many are seeking the wrong things and creating such a web for themselves when the love could be found so easily - sometimes its staring us right in our faces. The Question is are you with the one you are suppose to be with or you are just filling space and time until the right one comes along? Examine this question and answer that to your self.


Ruth Kadiri (screenplay) and Afam Okereke(director) if you are reading this I personally think this movie can easily turn into some sort of continous series, so you and your team should think about it. It ended on a good note but could easily continue. Also you could twist it up a notch where by this time its not just mainly the guys with the issues, but the women with the issues. We dont want the audience to brand you Terry McMillan like you were male bashing any man in this movie with their characters.


THEME: Relationships, Love, Sex, Romance, Heartbreaks, Break Ups, Make Ups, Abuse, Rape, Sex Addiction, Workaholic, Womanizer.


RUNNING TIME: 120 mins

MY RATING: 7/10
(this is not a movie you can watch with kids, some scenes are not appropriate)


I bet you are all wondering if i liked this movie this much why did it loose three points - the movie lost its points particularly for me are the scene that we should have witnessed but did not, and then the narrative part of it which i think was so unnecessary.


I think the height of the could have been the final part (Love and Sacrifice) when all hell broke loose at the vacation ranch - after all the partners realise their other counterparts were cheating with each other. One scene we see they were all given invites by the hotel manager to a party (which was going to be a surprise cos each other did not know the other was at the same vacation ranch)- the next minute we get a narrative telling us what happened but we never actually see it happen. I wanted to see the part where Magaret and Vanessa supposedly jumped on Samantha for trying to get with Kelvin (that was Samantha's mission whilst on vacation - "to get a last quickie with EXie" lol) -that whole bit was narrated to us and i was like "WTF" - i wanted to see that - dont tell me it - let me see it. So points were lost for not seeing that part.


The other parts i was not really feeling was the narrative bit. I mean at the start of the movie you see this lady who is supposedly some sort of relationship therapist/adviser or what not, in a group session with a bunch of ladies, whereby they play a clip/scene of the movie and they discuss the different types of characters of the men and women in the movie. Sometimes the therapist poses a question from a scene in a movie they's just watched and asked the ladies their opinion - their responses to the questions were sometimes blahhhh and border line embarassing (am like huhh? what did she say??). Their acting (if you could call it that) was bad and the whole narrative bit was sooooo boring and not necessary. I even forgot they existed in the movie.) - The lady who played the counselor was just as worse as the girls playing the extras just sitting there with no emotion and blah look on their faces just filling space. The acting was just so pitiful in those sections you have no choice than to put ya fingers on your FORWARD button like i always do enduring such lackluster acting.


Also the sex scenes though only 2 scenes (Jude banging his interviewee + Richie with banging his ?? whilst he stood his girlfriend up at the restaurant)- i personally think it coulda been toned down a notch to make it more descent - but then again when Hos cheat with other peoples men (aka DOGS), what the dogs do to them is not necessarily "love making", so i guess there is nothing descent about it). If you have any children in your home you may want to send them to go to your room to fetch your earrings underneath the bed, when those scenes come on. I am just warning yall just in case. There is no rating on the DVD box- if i were them i will rate it 18. Nonetheless I dont think the sex scenes overshadowed the movie or story line (its not the booty crack & breast showing kind)- but none the less its not appropriate for a young person (whatever that means these days) to watch that scene.

This catch was nothing big and many would not catch it but am a perfectionist and watch everything wtih every lil detail especially movies and this scene they (the movie makers thought they could simply slide in and no one would notice was) in Ladies Gang - when Mirabel (Mercy) was begging Mike (Chigozie) forgiveness - that scene was suppose to be at the ranch - but they showcase the begging scene in Mike Living room. This is how i caught it, So in one scene Mirabel wearing a short green dress - is on her knees begging Mike in his living room, then Mike said "I dont regret going on that vacation" ("that" vacation is past tense meaning they are not at the ranch right? ) - however he goes on to say - let me take u home - and then the scene switches to him pulling Mirabels lil luggage thru the parking lot of the ranch - whereby Jemima is standing at the parking lot to bade her friend (Mirabel) good bye. I scratched my head like wait a minute -Ohhh yall think yall slick huh?. How do you show a scene of Mikes living room one minute and next minute they are at the vacation ranch. The first begging scene between Mirabel & Mike should have simply been shot in their hotel suite, and not Mikes supposed living room with the brown leather sofas. Some of us caught it - am just saying.


I initially talked bout the movie here and finally it has been distributed nationwide on DVD so for those of you who dont own it - contact your dealer now and grap ya copies before it runs out - make sure you get all 3 parts and treat a family/friend by buying some for them too - they will appreciate it.
.

After careful thought i have decided to create a page where i can list all the publicist for all the stars - that is if they have one and they care for me to list it on this blog for free. Think about it - its free ad - it makes it so much easier for people in the diaspora (hopefully professionals) who want to get in contact with you for business to do so - I dont need any of your personal contact - all i need is your PR contact - if you dont have one get one. Also Face book is free so for your growing fans create a free page they can "LIKE" and not bombard your personal pages.
.

ALL THESE MEN IN THIS MOVIE EXIST IN REAL LIFE- THEY ARE IN YOUR BACKYARD LOL


So in Conclusion To my Review
Sing Along with me

HE LOVES HER OOHHHH
SHE LOVES HIM
SHE LOVES HIM
BUT HE LOVES HER
NOW WHO IS LOVING WHOOOOO
AND WHO IS DECEIVING WHOOOO
AND WHO IS CHEATING ON WHO!
ITS SO CONFUSING
SEEMS LIKES ITS LOVE
THEY ARE ABUSING
AND EACHHHHH OTHER THEY ARE USING
SEEMS LIKE ITS LOVE
THEY'RE ABUSING
AND ONE ANOTHER OOOOHHHH THEY ARE USING SING
SING (CHORUS)
SO STAY , WITH WHO YOU TRULY LOVE
COS TRUE LOVE IS HARD TO FIND (HARD TO FIND)
SO STAY WITH WHO YOU TRULY LOVE
COS IF YOU LOOSE THIS LOVE
YOU MAY NEVER FIND IT AGAINNN - OHHH AGAINNN!!!!!
(MUSIC BY SHELDRACK JOHN)

.

I am saying you gotta give it to Nollywood / Ghana Movies (THEY ARE UNIQUE INDEED - we hate it yet we love it lol) - they are the only ones that will have a movie sound score (scratch that the word "sound score" this word is too sophisticated) - They are the only ones who will have background music whose lyrics are a dead given away for the story line of the movie - Hmmmm but what can we do sha! - its nollywood/africa - They do what they want to do. Even the movie credits for Love & Sacrifice spelt it wrong and said "LOVE and SCAREFACE!!!!! - but me i wont say anything ooh - If i talk now they will say Ms Tilii pior pior pior, I talk too much. lol lol lol.

.

(Google Blogger - I am getting reallty frustruated with this spacing thingy - ah ah - whats going on - I fix it and take the spaces out and it gives it triple space - Ogini???)

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi miss tilli there are two new movies out there one is called bed of roses which is directed by pascal amanfo, and the other is called somewhere in africa which is directed by frank rajah arase,for somewhere in africa trailer be sure to watch the one that has something like mp4(in my own opinion it was a much better trailer to the movie)for the bed of roses trailer go to utube and type bed of roses trailer final,tell me what u think of both movies when u eventually see them.

Myne Whitman said...

I've missed your reviews, should watch out for this movie.

yehni djidji said...

I'm watching ladies men and I think it is good, but not excellent. I mean it's a compilation of déjà vu stories...but like they say, no story is new in cinema...
I looooove the performance of the cast and of, course RUTH KADIRI. I think she is worthy of being in your list of upcoming actress to watch out...

Anonymous said...

I have been watching a movie called Raindrops and the continuation called Every Woman,in my opinion Ruth Kadiri is a good actress even better than Tonto Dike and should be acting in more movies.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms TiLii, Queen Nwokoye was called Margaret or Maggie in the movie and Daniel K Daniel was called Bernard or Ben in the movie.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms TiLii, I forgot to mention that Alex Ekubo character was called Jude.

Ms♥Infamous said...

lol, at some sentences. good review. i should totally follow your blog! i watch lots of african movies, they can be hilarious in a way., and sometimes i just shake my head at the rubbish they act. still there are also pretty good ones. btw, do you know anywhere i can download african movies from?..free :D
thanks!

Anonymous said...

its an awesome movie...

Anonymous said...

personnally i think, Alex Ekubo(Jude) & Halima Abubakar, nailed their characters...

Anonymous said...

great site Ms-Tilli, we should have positive sites like this. im a movie producer based in the States, pls how do i contact Alex Ekubo, iv got an amazin script i think he can do justice to..pls reply asap

Anonymous said...

wooooooow!!!! i like this Movie, very strong characters, naija i hail oooooooooh

Anonymous said...

yes ooh, i agree with u jor that narracting bit was borin, but pls who is that fine boy that can act, Alex Ekudo, he tooo much ooooooh

Anonymous said...

the film try, i no go lie

Anonymous said...

pls who is that guy that played jude,

Anonymous said...

there is sooo much buzz about this movie me sef i need to watch it

yehni djidji said...

Very very good and funny review Miss tilli.... But you forgot one big POINT: The song they composed for the movie !
"Who is loving who and who is cheating on who".....VERY APPROPRIATE!! LOL!

Miss T-i-l-i-i (African Movie Reviews) said...

heu Yehni - how can i forget the song - the background song - thanks for reminding me ohhhh - i will edit the post and post allthe lyrics. It was funny just listening to it every 5 mins - it gave the storyline away.

Anonymous said...

alex ekubo is gorgeous

Anonymous said...

na wa oooooooh, dis movie self

Anonymous said...

yes oooo the sound track is funnnnnnny die

Anonymous said...

good movie, very very everyday, good casting, goood directing

Anonymous said...

i met that Alexx guy in South Africa early dis year, i must say he's very humble & receptive, but i messed up, i no colllect numba, i duuuuuuuullll chei

Miss T-i-l-i-i (African Movie Reviewer) said...

So i guess cat caught ya tongue when you met him abi?

No wonder he Runner up for Mr Nigeria - he puts a trance on women i bet.

I guess he doesnt even have to speak just a look from him will make you keggle tick tock (if u know what i mean) lol lol lol

Anonymous said...

pls Tilli, im reali interested in this Alexx guy,apparently he's the brand Ambassador for Chivita Active(fruit juice)in Nigeria,plus he's also an International Runway model...talent toh bad!!!

Anonymous said...

i love the outfit Halima wore in one scene like dat

Anonymous said...

ladies men, is maaaaaaaaaaad, who is that fair cutie...

Anonymous said...

Nigeria marketers, pls tilli clarify, isit "Ladies Men"","Ladies Gang",or "Love Sacrifice"?....

Anonymous said...

pls im not in Nigeria, where can i get this movie in the U.k, iv heard so much of this Mr Nigeria 1st Runner

Miss T-i-l-i-i (African Movie Reviewer) said...

I am not currently in UK but bear with me let me ask my Friend Nolly and i will let you know. Stop by her blog too and read it www.nollywoodforever.com

Come back in a few days and go to the page section that saids Retail click on there and i will have it listed.

ps: where in Uk are you cos for now i can only give info on London (that is where Nolly lives) - if u live outside of London - I may not be able to help unless a reader comments and mentions where in UK they buy it from.

Miss T-i-l-i-i (African Movie Reviewer) said...

Love and Sacrifec (as titled here in USA by USA distributors) is the same as Ladies Gang (as titled in Naija).

Look on the left panel of the blog - whenever there is a title to a movie with two names I will list it to stop confusion. Nollywood movies does that a lot and you have to pay attention otherwise you'll end up buying the same movie twice.

Miss T-i-l-i-i (African Movie Reviewer) said...

The fair guy is Alexx Ekubo - runner up for Mr Nigeria couple of years ago. Watch out on this blog to learn more about him later.

Anonymous said...

Ms Tilli u said Alexx is runner up many years ago, nooo oooh he is the recent ooh 2010 till date. as they hav not had anoda Mr Nigeria yet

Anonymous said...

OMG, I hated the movie. Good God where do I start. First of all, it is too long. Second of all, not a single one of those ladies showed a single independent spine in thier bodies. They couldn't think for themselves and even though they know the men are no good for them, they continued in their cheated, abused, disrespected etc etc so called relationships. I wish for once that our writers and producers will produce a series of characters that are not so damned weak. That a woman is strong and should be able to decipher what is good and what is not. Thats why I so respect Genevieve/Nse style movies. At least they show a certain backbone as individuals who won't put up with crap from men.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...