Saturday, April 2, 2011

2011 - The Year for Izu Ojukwu to Shine

Yep I want this dude to shine because he is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo underrated, and it bothers me a whole lot. He is one of the low key ones (you hardly hear of him unless amongst a few circles of avid movie watchers and critics like myself), who is not blessed (yet) with big budget movies, but with the lil he has he makes great movies.

I like the way he is climbing the ladder slow but sure. He is definately a force to be reckoned with and in due the time the whole world will know about him (at least thats my wish). I dont see it being long for Izu's work to win global festival awards at all - i dont have an ounce of doubt in my mind. Seriously anyone who invest in Izu is not wasting money unlike these fly by night Producers l have mentioned here on numerous occasions -the money miss road kinds. Izu knows what he doing and he takes his time. I hope Genevieve works him someday.

I have read an interview with him before where he mentioned funding is hard to come by sometimes and it limits the many great work he wants to do. Well may 2011 be the best year for him and may he get all the funding he needs to entertain us with his great movies. I wish the same for my other favourites like Shirley Frimpong Manso, Kwaw Ansah, Emem Isong , Tchidi Chikere and the "few" others.

Below are two upcoming movies by Izu - check it out and dont sleep on it.
- A1(i have the trailer but not the embedded kind to post here)
- LIONS OF 76(waiting on the trailer)

I still havent seen this movie from him from 2 years ago and i cant wait to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no miss tilli the "vengance of bullet" isn't his movie,he is only helping to promote it on his facebook account,u should know by now that that kind of movie is below izu's standard.izu is working on another movie titled "lions of 76" and it sure would be a bluckbuster.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...