Thursday, April 14, 2011

Adams Apples - Its Spring and Who Better to Brighten it Than Sparrow Production

By Miss Tilii
.
Ok so Sparrow finally released its promo photo stills - so i decided to add it and bump this post up from last week.
.
Its Spring and Who Better to Brighten it Than Shirley Frimpong Manso ......And they wonder why i love her and her Sparrow Production Team so much and will advocate any of her work. Anyway so if you have been bombarded with so much crap this first quarter of 2011 and just eagerly waiting for something better - Here it is .
.
ADAMS APPLE 
.
Starring some of ghana's finest talent; Anima Misa, Yvonne Okoro, Naa Ashorkor, Roselyn Ngissah, Joceyln Dumas as well as John Dumelo and many more and several many others.
.
These are not your regular apuskele no talent, non eloquent, non articulate so called actresses you see in the Venus Production and all many crap movies puttin out my our fly by night producers in Ghana. Just watching the trailer I just love it when i hear our pure eloquent undiluted ghanaiana accents.
.
This is what i want to hear - no LAFAs (locally acquired foreign accent) or BRIMERICAN (british american) accents in my african movies. I want it pure and Shirley always gives it to us raw using our very best actors/actresses, and I like that, I love that about her movies. 1
.
100% Articulate and Eloquent Ghanaian Accents. Its nice when actors are themselve and appreciate their own accents and try not to shy away from their very own or try to force something thats not there - It never comes across natural and this is what i mentioned here I have watched african movies for more than a decade - i judge a book by its cover and "almost" always am right. This is going to be interesting.
.
And the one thing I looooooooooooooooooooooove about My Shirley is she is never afraid to showcase our ghanaian culture - kinda like Tchidi is proud to showcase Igbo culture to which i have learnt so much from by watching his old/past movies. Shirley mostly uses ghanaian names (unlike the ridiculous names like Beyonce, Tyra, Rihanna, Ciara some ??? use in their movies -if i talk now they will say Ms TiLii is picking on them so as for me I wont mention names ooh - they know who they are).
.
Also you will see in this promo stills and no one can deny she is showcases how we DO IT, by using our african textile fabrics into beautiful stylish clothes to style these actresses and actors up. FUBU yall - For us By Us. Is about time we patronize our own stuff, our clothes and our everything. We should be proud to be africans. I am confident to sit and watch movies by Shirley or Emem with my foreign friends and feel proud and not cringe cos some BABES are effing for BlackBerrys and they going to ask me - "Is that what happens in Africa"?.
.
Adams Apples
Written/Directed by Shirley Frimpong Manso and Produced by Ken Attoh.
.
Check out the website below and the trailer for the movie - you know Shirley comes professionally correct when it comes to investing in a beautiful website for all her upcoming movies - Sparrow Productions own website is in the works whereby all her work will be on there.
.
.
Ladies you may wanna tune in to this movie series/chapters cos the brothas are bringing it - i see a few cute brothas in the promo stills - Get ya pop corn ladies - is about to be on. Oh Shirley why didnt you include Chris Attoh now - chaley - but anyway "Yeh be fa nu Saaaa" (we shall take it like that sha) - we will learn of these new faces as time comes, besides its good that you always give the new ones a chance -we got too many and everyone deserves a chance. Kudos to you for doing that.
.
Hey chick, Yvonne Okoro - how r you doing, thumbs up - i always wished Shirley will give you a chance and I am so happy she did. Now next i want to see in a Shirley movie is Martha Ankomah (but the other girl with John resembles her a bit oooo & the other in green resembles SA Nonhle Thema) or Roselyn Ngissah (i spoke too soon - i just learnt she is in it) -
.
And as for Adjetey Anang (Pusher oooo Pusher lol), I am so proud of the fact that he and the likes of other Ghanaian actors such as Chris Attoh and Nana Kwame Osei are very selective in the roles they play and not so commonly seen in every movie. I truly respect that about them because it tell me they respect the art and dont say yes all nilly willy to any script because they want to make a quick buck and want to be famous (from qua"n"tity). Keep it up guys - grow a great resume/CV, It will take you far.
.
I cant wait for the likes of Kwaw Ansah to join back into the industry, and return at a full bang in producing/directing great international level movies, and to give Ghanaians some great quality productions many of us have been long awaiting for to weed out the useless movies we have been bombarded with for years by the "you know whos' lol.
.
Shirley i am waiting for you to finally do a village or traditional set movie - i wait to watch a movie of such from you. We got so much stories to tell. I eagerly wait for the release of Adams Apples. - id have to see Nana Kwame though - i think he is funny. Grand Premiere. Ghana National Theatre. Thurs 21- April. 6pm / 8:30pm Check this space for more dates for London and Nigeria
.
Here are the photos - you can click on them to enlarge in a new browser window. Enjoy all the rainbow colors.







Yvonne Okoro Naa Ashorkor











Yvonne, Naa and Joceyln





Chei - yehowa Jocelyn? - Oduna neh? - i thought mine was big but i think yours is bigger lol






Anima Misa and Yvonne














Adjetey and John with their ladies

PHOTO CREDITS: All the above photos belong to Sparrow Production.
.

Shirley please for once - do a premier in the USA - this is why we are here as bloggers to help you and to do all our word of mouth promo for you all we can. I will do all i can to help with finding a premiere location - At least here int ATL that is the the least i can do here. Everyday You just do Accra, then to Lagos, London and turn around without crossing the ocean (aden wu suru puu?? lol ) - chaley ye sireh wu come here too sometime. We want a premiere here too.
.
I pray someday soon, you be able to premiere ACCRA, LAGOS, ABUJA, NAIROBI, J'BURG, LONDON, DUBLIN, CANADA, LOS ANGELES, ATLANTA, NEW YORK, MARYLAND & HOUSTON . Amen!!!! (dont forget T'adi - they coming up lol - oil dollars!!!)
.
Check out the website for the premiere dates

9 comments:

Ringo said...

Thanks for posting it! I just saw the snippet and YES Yvonne OkorO is sooo underestimated. I cant wait for this one! Whoooooo!!!i LOVE THE ACCENTS TOO. good job Misstilli

Ringo said...

I just saw it too. The snippet is NICE. I cant wait. You are right about Yvonne Okoro. She is sooo underestimated. Venue Films have really damaged her reputation. She must choose better scripts from now on...Nice one Misstilli.

Anonymous said...

Its like spring this year will be rossy because another of ur favorite director izu ojukwu is out with another fantastic movie,u can see the movie on his facebook account,tell me what u think of it when u eventually see it.

bestting said...

OMG did you see Stephanie's Through The Glass it was such an eyesore with all the fake Hollywoodians and her Locally Acquired Foreign Accent...couldn't make it past 5sec

LindaN. said...

oops I guess I spoke too soon when I say you havn't been up to date Lol... my apology girl.
I am not Ghanaian but I love sparrow productions movies. I laughed my butt out on her latest "6 hours before Christmas" Though, this was mostly Chris Atoh... She is so different from any other productions I've seen. The best part is her stuff is always, how shall I put it "Organic"... you can say original too, and I always love her movie soundtrack she used, though I dnt understand it but I can vibe to it. Its ok too lol.. Shirley I love you girl, keep doing you! Id like to see Yvonne Nelson work with her too

Anonymous said...

LOL am already shaking with excitement yay...when will will have it in the USA...Am so happy to see some of the cast pf perfect picture back and Yvonne Okoro...

Nollywood Forever said...

Nooooo I swear I saw this at the market but I thought it was one of the useless ones. I'mma hafta go back now!

Anonymous said...

Hhhaaa Miss Tilii, (Ref Adam' Apples)

We are now on Chapter 5 and you have not said a ward. You do not like it?

My sister, I like this woman (writter and director). I like the way she promots Africa in her movies, from Names, costums you name it!

My sister ooh look out I think chapter 1 to 3 is already on VCD. Chapter 4 will be in October 10 acording the their website!

One thing though, I wish she ha named the movie with one of the African fruits (Tropical fruit like Mangles, Pinaapples etc). Apples are not ordinary Joes fruits in Africa! Abiiiiiiiiiii

Victor said...

ReelAfrican.com is finally brining it to the US viewers- for free. Chapter 1 debuts August 30th!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...