Sunday, December 19, 2010

Movie Review Update (Christmas Week)

Guys sorry you havent heard from me in a 2 weeks. I am on bed rest cos i had an accident. I am fine and getting better. Whilst on Bed REst i have caught up with a lot of movies including Bursting Out, Private Storm and all the known releases (I got em all) so bear with me, and I will review it all. (as you all remember i reminded you 2 weeks ago to reserve your copies with your dealer- i gave you way advance notice so if you did not reserve it and its finished thats ya own. Do Not Watch it Online - Go PURCHASE IT). There also Shirley Frimpong Manso's 6 hours to Christmas and Touch My Heart (RMD, Stella D, Joke etc). Mehn, i have alot of reviews to do this christmas break (plus i am moving too to a new place whilst still recouping from my accident- busy busy busy)- I will be busy typing away, whilst yall are enjoying your self eating i will be up typing away to catch up - Plus i have to list all the top anticipated 2011 releases.
.
In summary i gave Bursting Out and Private Storm - its definately not an upgrade from Guilty Pleasures nor Secret Scandal but none the less its better than the most rubbish which were released to us this 2010. Dont take my word for it though cos i told you all before i am a sucker for romance and thats why i like Vivian Ejikes Silent Scandal better however this Private Storm - touches a lot on topic prevalent to society (domestic violence) so am sure many of you will disagree with me. Both Busting Out and Private Storm i consider a collectors item non the less - none has less that 8/10 rating - just wait and will review it soon. Am just tide up a bit with all the stuff going on in my life.
.
Lets just hope 2011 is better and also personally i think the whole playing corporate thing with my Genny is becoming redundant (we've had enough of that 2009/10- I want to see her in something different in 2011. )
.
I want to see her play very diverse roles as she did when she first started acting. I would love her to return to playing roles such as a mother, playing a disabled person, a wife, I want to see her in more challenging roles something way out of the ordinary (Like Chalize Theron played a serial killer on the movie "Monster" so convincing) - especially now that she is world renowned a lot of hollywood scouters may be scouting for her and they dont necessarily know of the old titles she has been in so i know they will be looking out for her new roles. Tango with Me is my next biggest anticipated movie i am waiting to see with her and JB.
.
I will put Bursting Out and Private Storm in my 2nd Annual Miss Tilii Awards which i plan for 2011 since 2010 did not have enough great movies worthy of being nominated apart from BURTING OUT and PRIVATE STORM - so i chose not to do the awards this year.
.
To the anonymous who emailed me to list DOMESTIC VIOLENCE african movies you need for your school project - well you couldnt have asked at a bettter time - PRIVATE STORM is a perfect domestic violence movie and try and get a copy of old classic produced by Emem Isong called EMOTIONAL CRACK starring Stephanie Okereke and once again Ramsey Nouah. There is another one with Bimbo Akintola but i forgot title so bear with me and i will name it later.
.
I have a lot of update to do and I will do it - just bear with me to get back on my feet.
.
ps: Emem Isong and Vivien Ejike thank you for finally releasing these movies just before christmas - you starved us enough.
.
There is another release on the market its pretty old but one of my favourite and most funniest Nollywood comedic movie starring Nkem and Patience - i mentioned it before in the thread titled Funniest Movies - the movie is called "MY BABY and the continuation is called "MY ONLY HOPE" you will laugh to tears - and i think like all the great titles mentioned above this will also be a perfect christmas gift. Nkem was married to 3 women from three tribes (Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo - and ofcourse you knwo who the igbo one was lol) - he wanted a son and all the 3 wifes gave him were daughters. Make sure you dont have food in your mouth when you watch this cos you might choke with laughter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi miss tilli i am sorry for ur accident,hope u get better soon,the movie u were talking about where bimbo was being abused is called senseless directed by fidelis duker(when the still had the project nollywood company working),i want to ask u something,if private storm was not an upgrade from silent scandal then was it atleast better than silent scandal,what about the picture and sould quality aswell as the writing and directing,how were they,which director would u want to work with vivian and u feel would bring out the best in vivian's next project(i myself would pick izu ojukwu),also give me replies on what i have asked about vivian and her movie private storm in the case of emem and her movie bursting out.

*the* chatter*box* said...

hie miss tilli..hope you get well soon...just watched Behind closed doors...and i liked it...wasn't it funny how desmond put the blame on stella in the end???...

bodacious02 said...

Sorry about the accident. Hope u r feeling much better. Did u notice the house in Private Storm was the same one used in Silent Scandal?

Anonymous said...

Where are you and can u suggest movie dealers?

bodacious02 said...

My Baby was toooooo funny! OMG! Nkem is a HAM!

Nollywood said...

Sorry to hear about your accident. I wanted to call you but couldn't for the life of me find any number. We will have to talk about the ebsite some Jan. Hope u are better...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...