Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Miss Tilii's Cast for "African Version of "Colored Girls "

I loved this movie so much not just cos I am a sucker for Literature, Poetry and Drama but I just loved the acting and how Tyler did it - this has to be one of the best novel adapted movies ever done since the classic movie "COLOR PURPLE". Read My Review Here . When i love a movie i like to cast in my mind how it will look with an african adaptation.
.
Anyway as i sit here am wondering IF there was a african adaptation of the movie who would play who? I am thinking no one else but Genevieve to play Kimberly Elise's role and other cast such as :
.
-Yvonne Okoro or Dakore Egbuson to play Anika Noni Rose role
-Rita Dominic for Janets Jackson's role
-Nadia Buari for Kerry Washington's role
-Rama Brew or Joke Silva to play Phylicia Rashads role
-Bimbo Akintola to play Loretta Divines role
-Mercy Johnson to play Thandie Newtons role
-Martha Ankoma to play Tessa Thompson's role
-Bukky Ajayi for Whoopie Goldberg"s role
-? for Macy Grays role (am still thinking who can pull this role off)
.
For the guys am thinking
.
-Majid Michel for Hill Harpers role
-Adjetey Anang for Michael Ealys role
-Jim Iyke for Khalil Kains role (no one can play that role better)
-Chris Attoh, Nana Kwame Osei Sarpong or Muna Obiekwe for Omari Hardwicks role
-Ramsey Nouah for Richard Lawson's role
.
(if you think different of my list above let me know - this is just wishful thinking)
.
Bear in mind these are just actors i am more familiar with in Ghana and Nigeria - I am sure in the whole continent of Africa there may be some great potentials in say South Africa, Kenya etc. I am just thinking out loud. I also think all drama or theatre school should make their students read this book and watch the play and maybe act it out themselves as part of their course.
.

3 comments:

*the* chatter*box* said...

why am i not surprised....coz i was thinking the same thing!!!! Anyway seeing as I am in the UK I will have to wait for it to get to the cinema first then i will comment..

Anonymous said...

OMG...........This movie is the TRUTH! I watched it last night with my girlfriend and it was powerful. Kimberly Elise was amazing. Both my girlfriend and I were bolling ous eyes out with tears. Everyone was incredible in this movie and I think this is Tyler Perry's best.

I choose Dakore to play Anika's role and Yvonne Okoro to play Kerry Washington's role.
Macy Gray's role should be played by Susan Patrck or Uche Jumbo

Overall this movie was well written and I hope Kimberly Elise gets a Golden Globe and Oscars award for her performance.

Anonymous said...

Hello Ms Tilli,

Have you seen this?:

1. CNN Commentary on Nollywood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxlYT4aHHnc

and

2. Full Trailer for Black Gold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB9YKNc1tjM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...