Saturday, November 6, 2010

Info on 2011 Academy Awards (Oscars)

.
Academy has already set the date for next year. Reason i care to post this info just this once and for the first time is because I am confident one of my favourite movie makers TYLER PERRY will be making headlines with his recent movie "COLORED GIRLS...." - and for the first time ever I can so feel it in my bones they FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY going to give my one and only white husband LEORNADO DICARPRIO an oscar - i have waited too long - and i am tired they keep passing him by. In the name of Jesus let my two favourite WIN in 2011. Amen
.
The 83rd Academy Awards will take place on Sunday, Feb. 27, 2011. The ceremony will be telecast live from the historic Kodak Theatre in Hollywood on ABC.
.
Here's a breakdown of the Oscars schedule moving towards the 83rd annual ceremony:
.
Friday, Jan. 14:

Nominations polls close 5:00 p.m., PT
.

Tuesday, Jan. 25:
Nominations announced 5:30 a.m., PT, Samuel Goldwyn Theater
.

Wednesday, Feb. 2:
Final ballots mailed
.

Monday, Feb. 7:
Nominees Luncheon
.

Saturday, Feb. 12.:
Scientific and Technical Awards presentation
.

Tuesday, Feb. 22:
Final polls close 5:00 p.m., PT
.

Sunday, Feb. 27:
83rd Annual Academy Awards presentation
.

Nov 2010 was the deadline to release ones movie that is why Tyler release it now rather than 2011, so this means he made the cut in time enough to be considered for nomination.
.
I have always been curious how nominees and winnners are picked and who picks them. It has never sat well with me why excellent black movies such as "Whats Love Got To Do with It" starring Angela Bassett and "Malcolm X" starring Denzel never won - I took it very person and was so deeply disappointed, and lets not even get started on the conversation on overnight successes that win Oscars rather than veterans like Cicely Tyson, Angela Bassett etc etc - that will be a long long conversation and i have strong view points on that. Yall know how passionate I am about my movies. I never Hollywood them for such robbings.
.
(My ebonics humor)

Seems like da masser only gives us ONCE every 2 /3 years. "Please massser we is free now....... Ohhhwweee, In 2011 massr finna give as another award" I is happy now, we gon celebrate.:lol:
.
As i lean my chin/face in my hands, and I tap my fingers on my cheeks with wondering eyes gazed upon the sky, I ask my self "Mmmmmm, now what Nollywood or Ghana movie can I nominate for the oscars, mmmm, let me see, mini mini mini mo......."" :lol: :lol:
.
We shall be here all day if we have to wait and think lol - or maybe our our industry might want to come up with an OSCAR award, since we cant be creative and we copy and emulate the west so much in everything they do, lets call it "NOSCARS and GOSCARS" "BOSCARS" - noscars will be for nollywood and goscars will be for ghana and boscars for bollywood :lol: roflmao and maybe the Kenyas, SierraLeonaians and Cameroonians will follow suit as they currently are with all this "WOOD" business- AFRICA FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LETS CARVE OUR OWN NICHE AND BE UNIQUE IN SOMETHING at least in the naming of our movie industry lol -anywayyyyyyyyyyyyy let me go to bed sha.
.

1 comment:

Thisishollywood said...

Well descriptive. To get them more dedicated towards their goal, encouragement becomes very necessary.

mini awards

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...