Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Relentless (Upcoming Movie Starring Nneka, Jimmy Jean etc)


.
Uber talented chick Nneka is spreading her wings and trying her hands out at acting. She’ll be making her debut in Relentless, a movie about loneliness, love and self-discovery in Lagos & Sierra Leone. Directed by Andy Amadi Okoroafor, it also stars Hatian actor Jimmy Jean Louis (Phat Girlz) and Gideon Okeke (Tinsel).
.
Director
Andy Amadi Okoroafor

.
Cast
Nneka Egbuna

Gideon Okeke,
Aloba Taiwo

.
Country
Nigeria
.

Writer
Andy Amadi Okoroafor

.
Running time
91min
.

Year

2010
.
Storyline:
A story about love and self-discovery, set in Sierra Leone, one of Africa's unforgiving countries.
.
Obi is a Nigerian peacekeeping soldier in war-torn Sierra Leone. He meets Blessing, a Sierra Leonean woman and falls in love for the first time. His world and life are then devastated when he finds Blessing mutilated by child soldiers. On his return to Lagos after the war, he tries to reintegrate into his community by running a small security company with Ola, his best friend and fellow war veteran. At night he wanders the lonely streets of Lagos, haunted by his past. During one of these midnight walks, a high-class call-girl falls into his arms, thrown down from a bridge to die by one of her clients. Obi is thrust back into reality as he once again is carrying a woman in his arms, another victim of violence, another life to save or let die. Relentless is a visually accomplished film debut that laconically narrates a story about love and self-discovery, set in one of Africa's unforgiving capital cities

source: http://www.bfi.org.uk/lff/node/1084

.
I will post further info on this movie as i get it.
.
And once again thank you anonymous for sending this to me.
.
I encourage all my african brothers and sisters from all over africa - if you find any nice upcoming movie and you want me to post it here - dont hesitate to contact me and i will announce it here. If you read my blog you will realise i advocate for ALL GREAT african movies - not just Ghanaian or Nigeria. We are all brothers and sisters and have to support each other. If the movie is great most definately i will let every boy know.
.
I love francophone subtitle movies, I love south african movies, yoruba movies are my second favourite to english movies. I am advocating strongly for the other anglofone countries who are fast rising (Kenya etc) - I wish them the best. I am open to all.
.
.

6 comments:

Kémi Penélopê said...

This looks different especially given the fact that there some new comers to the Nollywood scene...
definitely looking forward to watching this when they decide to release it on DVD...

If Ije & Figurine are still yet to be released...I have a funny feeling that one may wait for "Relentless" too

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms Tilli,

Have you seen Izu Ojukwu's Cindy's Note? If you have, I would love to know your thoughts.

Here is the trailer:

[The Player is in the upper right-hand corner. The White waters trailer will start playing first so, you will have to select "Cindy's Note" at the bottom of the player to watch the trailer.]

http://www.amstelmaltaboxoffice.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms Tilli,


This is the Anon that sent you the link to Cindy's Note trailer. I made a mistake in my earlier post

Correction: The first trailer will be for Izu's movie The Child. Click on the "Cindy's Note" tab to access the trailer for Cindy's Note.

I am sure you will also be interested in "The Child" (that is if you have not already heard about it. You are always ahead of us with these things :) )

I really love what Izu and Amstel have been giving us these past years. And I can see more is yet to come. They need to work on their distribution though. US viewers have to wait forever to get these DVDs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms Tilli,

Here are Youtube links to the trailers for:

The Child:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5g_jG3oPv0

and

Cindy's Notes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBPRlI5yrjY

My African Movie Reviews said...

NO i havent watched CIndys Notes or White Waters yet. A lot of Izus work i love but its so hard to get a hold of them here in the states. I have been yearning to watch Cindys notes since 2009

My African Movie Reviews said...

yeah i posted the trailers here in this post
http://myafricanmoviereviews.blogspot.com/search/label/Izu%20Ojukwu

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...