Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yvonne Okoro & Martha Ankomah - Ghana's Next Best Actresses to Keep an Eye on

Yvonne Okoro
Yvonne i predicted the first time i saw her in a movie "Beyonce" (bout 4yrs ago) where she played Jackie Appiahs character Ciara after Ciara's facial reconstructive surgery. She was the character in the scene singing - she played a small part but i remember her always and even contacted her to let her know how i feel and communicated from then on. If she looks familiar lately then she was in 4Play (not particularly googoo gaga bout 4play - but her acting stood out and ppl are recognising her now and am very happy).
.
Yvonne for example has one coming out starring herself, Mike Ezerounye and Yvonne Nelson - I think its called "I Broke My Heart" - will keep yall posted. Watch this space for my upcoming interview with Yvonne soon. If you wondering of her last igbo name OKORO - thats cos she was born to a nigerian igbo father (Mr Okoro) and a Ghanaian mother, however she was born, raised, schooled and lived all her life in Ghana (and France for a few yrs), Ghana is where she calls home. The question is getting tired, she gets asked way too many times.
.
. Martha Ankomah
.
The movie "TEMPTATION" (a ghanaian movie) has been released on the market starring Majid Michel and Martha Ankomah and some other people.
.
THough I have not be pleased with Marthas choice of character/script on the several movies she has played in the past and all that overly sexed characters (Heart of Men etc), I call a spade a spade, the girl got skills and a force to be reckoned with - she will go far.
.
Unlike the many pretty faces with no talent yet who feel just cos they are pretty, they deserve to be infront of a camera act some ish and describe themselves as actresses - Martha is actually a good actress with the greatest potential to be very great - BEAUTIFUL+ELOQUENT+ARTICULATE and ability to bring the character to live - After all in my opinion my country ghana doesnt have much of great actress (particularly the younger actresses cos we do have many GREAT older veteran ones) - with the younger actresses they are several "good" ones (Nadia, Jackie, Yvonne N etc) - but i said it before and i will say it again i wont describe them as GREAT- Majid as an actor on the otherhand is GREAT and Martha Ankomah as well as Yvonne Okoro - to me, has the greatest potential to be the next greatest for the Ghana movie industry. If only she (Martha) will not try to create attention by being nude in all her movies.
.
There is real talent there and i want to see it beyond some flashing of boobs or boning scene. All she needs is one great director- a great script to make a shine and give her a breakthrough movie and the sky is the limit like it is for Genny, Rita, Ini, Mercy etc - Thus far there is not one movie that I will call Marthas breathrough movie - she hasnt broken thru yet because of her own bad choices, all many remember her is her boobs and overly sexed characters. Think about it Martha, you need to change your choices. Temptation sure is tempting to watching cos it shows another side of your talent. (But either way if all this was a publicity stunt, i guess it worked somewhat - but you need to quit it, Lets see you for your real great talent.)
.
This movie seems promising by watching the trailer. I look forward to seeing it - I think by next weekend i will have it reviewed, my dealer just got it today..
.


.

Continue to watch this blog cos these two ladies Yvonne Okoro has a lot of movies coming out.

.

I am harder on my fellow ghanaian actors and actresses cos like i said you get ya last love home. I know we have some of the best and i want that to shine - i dont like the mediocrity. If you do a good job in my opinion - I stomp and shout and let ya name be known. I am a sucker for great talent - i just love em. Since i love Shirley the best, i advocate she writes a script for these two ladies and use them in one of her movies. I hope to interview Martha too sometime soon, i dont know her personally so, let me make some fone calls and see if its possible.
.

7 comments:

LindaN. said...

Miss Tilli I do have one recommended movie to see Martha without the nudity junk.. Lol, Im not sure whether or not you've seen 'Naked Faces" but you should definitely check it out, not bad at all. Martha excelled in her charater (aplause)
http://nollywoodforever.com/naked-faces/


Keep them reviews coming Miss Tilli you sure do crack me up with your interviews lol, and good job.

My African Movie Reviews said...

Oh Yes Linda i watched it and it was good - not great but good. I rate it 6.5/10. And yes she did very well in that movie. I have my eye on that girl. Maybe i shoulda reviewed it nonetheless - oh well at least my friend Nolly did.

bodacious02 said...

I love Yvonne Okoro! She is dynamic and is definitely going places. She has class.

Nollywood Forever said...

Thanks for the pimpage Linda!I loved Naked Faces! LOL I know you were not too enthused about it Ms Tilii, but it really was the kind of movie that kept you captivated and held your attention.

I see Martha as Ghana's alternative to Mercy Johnson, she just needs to diversify and not do too many off the skanky roles so she doesnt get stuck with that tag.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Miss Telli for your post. Both Yvonne and Martha has great potentials if only they will stop starring in Abdul Salam and Frank Rajah Arase's movies. They should try and grace Shirley Frimpong Manso's attention and get a movie role from her. Martha needs to be challenge and I think it would take an excellent writer/director like Sparrow Productions to get her to the top.

Yvonne rocked it in 4Play and Martha did a great job in Naked Faces. I can't wait to see Martha in Temptations and many more movies.

Anonymous said...

Yvonne okoro, would come back to Igboland where you belong, unless you're afraid of other Igbo superstars like Genevieve Nnaji, Rita Dominic, Ngozi Ezeonu, etc. Nollywood is strictly Igbos, seriously!

Miss T-i-l-i-i (African Movie Reviews) said...

HOme is where the heart is. Even her own father calls Ghana home, She doesnt even speak igbo when i asked her - BORN RAISED BRED and EDUCATED in GHANA.(her mom is AKAN - my tribe) - i guess same way we lost BORIS KODJOE AND IDRIS ELBA to AMERICA even though they are of ghanaian heritage.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...