Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Colored Girls" Movie Released Date Change to Accomodate Oscar Nom/Win

Large Promo Photo coming soon
.
Official website with trailer
http://forcoloredgirlsmovie.com/
.

.
Well by now you all know i advocate any film black and especially films by great producers and directors. For our African American Community Tyler Perry is the only on holding up right now (no matter how much haters within our own black race hate on him - (cough cough midgetspike)
.
Anyway According to the Huffington Post, David Poland correctly predicted just a week ago, Lionsgate has moved the newest Tyler Perry film, For Colored Girls, from its original January 14th, 2011 (1975 play by Ntozake Shange - go grab ya copy and read) slot into the heart of the awards season. It will now open wide on November 5th, which is incidentally the same weekend that Precious (which Tyler Perry and Oprah Winfrey put their names on after the fact to insure a Lionsgate distribution) debuted in limited release, wracking up a record $108,000 per each of its eighteen screens
.
Cast includes veterans such as Kimberly Elise, Janet Jackson etc, along with Whoopi Goldberg, Kerry Washington, Loretta Devine, Phylicia Rashad, and Thandie Newton. Yes Tyler do the damn thing - like you said in your NAACP acceptance speech we dont have to wait for 40 acres and a mule before we do for ourselves, we can create an own acre. God Bless You - i will scream with joy WHEN you win. The cast is great and i have no doubt you will tell the story well.
.
Out of the cast Kimberly Elise is my ultimate favourite to win - but i would have to watch first and see how she plays her character - nonetheless she has never dissapointed me yet - a younger version of Cicely Tyson is how i see her - love her much.
.
Good Luck Tyler. I wish you the best
.
Ps: By the way i plan on attending Sundance and African Film Festival for the first time in 2011 - I am planning well towards it and hope i can make it - its been an ultimate dream to attend one of these festivals.
.
HERE ARE THE MOVIE STILLS AND PROMO PHOTOS
.
.
JANET

KIMBERLY ELISE
.
ANIKA NONI ROSE
.
KERRY WASHINGTON
.
THANDIE NEWTON
.
LORETTA DEVINE
.
PHYLICIA RASHAD
.
WHOOPIE GOLDBERG (why does this remind me of movie GHOST)
.

.
-Janet Jackson as Joanna
-Kimberly Elise as Crystal
-Kerry Washington as Kelly
-Loretta Devine as Juanita
-Whoopie Goldberg as Alice
-Phylicia Rashad as Gilda
-Anika Noni Rose as Yasmine
-Thandie Newton as Tangie
-MICHAEL EALY as Beau Willie
-Hill Harper as Donald
-Richard Lawson as Frank
-Khalil Kain as Bill
-Omari Hardwick as Carl
-Macy Gray as Rose
.
AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH (ok pardon my scream)
that scream of for the fact that My American Hollywood Boo MICHAEL 'PRETTY RICKY" EALY (ohhh i love me some ricky is his damn foine ass green eyes, mmm mmm mmm - let me marinate in this whilst i wallow in my muna depression) is also in this movie. as well as Hill Harper and Khalil Kain, we aint had this many foine brothers in movie since "Takers" in August. I will not miss this movie for anything. Tyler i know i bombarded you with numerous letters asking you to use Michael in a movie but i was referring to a romantic lead role :lol: (gosh girl stop tripping - do you really think Tyler read ya letter :lol:)
.
After seeing this promo photos i am so wishing this movie at least gets an oscar nod. I am confident Tyler will tell the story well - EVERYBODY LETS GO SUPPORT HIM ON NOV 5th 2010 - I mean he does stand a great chance for Feb 2011 - in the black category i dont think he has much competition - but then again the masser always gives it to us every 2 - 3 yrs (:lol:) - after Precious we may have to wait - but maybe get a nod. I WISH TYLER WINS AN OSCAR FOR HIS MOVIE SO ALL THE ENEMIES GREEN WITH ENVY.
.
.

5 comments:

*the* chatter*box* said...

i have been following every little bit of news about this movie...can't wait to see the trailer!! i'm sure everyone is going to bring it !!!..as for me *Phylicia Rashad8 to win !!

bodacious02 said...

No u didn't call him a midget....lmao! Can't wait for the premier. I'm rooting for my girl Janet! But its such a wonderful ensemble cast

Nollywood Forever said...

This should be good... If u want a buddy to attend the festivals with Me-DE-YA!!! You know I looove to getaway and that is as good a reason as any to take a trip!

I am waiting for your review on Nollywood Hustlers because that has been the biggest disappointment this year for me!

My African Movie Reviews said...

For Nolly wood Hustler i cant say i am very surprised, I was excited about it, but had a lot of reservations for M.C, not one of my greatest performers if you ask me. I was never googoo gaga bout it as much as i am with Bursting Out, my dealer hasnt gotten it yet and am in no rush to see it yet, but i will watch it eventually and review it - for sure.

Anyway as the festival that is one of my bucket list until i am called my God 100 years from now. So for sure i will let you know in advance.

Nollywood Forever said...

The thing is even leaving Mona Lisa out of it it just not a great movie at all... I dont think even if she were replaced it would have made much difference!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...