Friday, December 30, 2011

What is the Title of That Movie.....???

Dec 30th 2011
I decided to bump this thread up because there is a movie out there, which i have been searching the title for and I cant seem to remember at all. I watched it around 2004- i think. 
.
As I have mentioned before I started watching african movies since the 11 years ago (May 2000) and when i compare the scripts then to now - those movies were 100% better that the craps out today - although the sound and picture quality (and on VHS cassette) was not that great.
.
Many had the assumption in those days, most african movies were all witchcraft based - but thats where you are totally wrong - i had the same assumption too- until i really got into it. I have boxes and boxes and boxes onf VHS movies and i even dashed some away. Excellent story lines and themes - and most of all my favourite traditional village themes. I am strongly advocating that the producers of those movies back than between 2000 - 2005 - please give the rights to have the movie reproduced onto a DVD high quality format (its very doable).
.
Anyway the reason i bumped this thread up cos i am searching for a title of a movie and I was hoping one of you veteran movie watches can help me out. Its a movie with Emeka Ike, Emeka Enyiocha and Chiwetalu Agu. I totally loved that movie (i miss seeing Emeka Enyiocha in movies stemming from "Sharon Stone" days with Genevieve). This movie i am searching for , was a sad movie yet very interesting - with "lesson learnt" or "moral to the story" kinda ending to it (unlike most of the old movies all had - unlike todays current crap). If you think Mercy Johnson can cry - well Emeka Enyiocha is the male version - he cries hard and nasty LOL.
.
I think it may have the word Poverty in the title - am not quite sure, but anyway, in the movie the two Emekas were brothers and from a very poor family, as well expected Chiwetalu was their evil uncle who was just evil towards them. Its a village set movie. If anyone remembers and can tell me - i will truly appreciate it. I know its in my pile of boxes but am not ready to be popping no vhs in trying to find it.
.
(although i have not been posting a lot in 2011 - please dont hesitate to search many of my old post on this blog starting 2008 - they were quite interesting post - i am trying to figure out a way how i can create a drop down search of these title threads - so its easier for you all to search these threads - than search by Month as blogger currently has it set - any advice will help me too)
.
.
June 30 2010
You know how you watched a movie you liked a while back and you been racking your brain to remember the titled but you cant. I am going through a similar thing now, and I am sure a few people have gone through that once or twice before, so i thought if i created a forum in the upcoming website - you describe the movie you cant remember title to - and then maybe someone might remember and tell you what the title is.
.
Description of Movie:
The movie i am currently trying to remember title to, is a very funny movie with Nkem Owoh , where he had 3 wives - one Igbo (played by Patience Ozorkwor so go figure - u will laugh till u drop), one Hausa, both wifes gave him plenty daughters and yet no son, and as he really wants a son so he goes out and marry a new wife (Yoruba Woman) in hopes of finally getting a son since the his Igbo wife and Hausa wife failed on him (or he failed on himself :lol:). So now he got a igbo wife, a hausa wife and a new yoruba wife all living on the same compound with his dozen or so daughters.
.
This is one of the funniest movie i ever watched (i laughed so hard) and i want to rewatch it again but i dont remember the title. Patience Ozorkwor and Nkem Owoh cussing each other out, you will laugh with tears. my favourite scene in the movie.
.
In one scene, the hausa and igbo wife were fighting, so one of nkems daughters quickly run to her fathers workshop (cos nkem was a carpenter in the village market) to tell him what is going on in their compound and that he should come quickly to stop the fight - her mothers are fighting (her mother and her step mom that is)

Nkem patiently listened to her daughter narrating the fight backhome, and after she was finished, she carefully reached in his hammer box and handed her daughter 2 hammers, and slowly said to her (just imagine nkem ) , " GO BACK HOME, AND GIVE ONE OF THESE HAMMERS TO YO MODA, AND THE OTHER TO YOUR STEPMODA, AND TELL THEM TO TRY AND AIM AT EACH OTHERS FOREHEADS WITH THE HAMMER, THAT WILL BE BETTER.
.
I was eating whilst i watched this scene i swear i choked on my food, drinking water didnt even do it for me. I laughed so much i was in tears. I wasnt expecting that response from him at all, but trust Nkem and his talk (so real - no pretense).
.
Then in another scene he tells one of his wives, "i married you because you came highly recomended from JOS, they say banana from jos is bunchy and the apples are fruitful,i brought you from jos yet you refuse to give me a male child, you are FRUI, the TFUL part is the male child you havent given me"
.
If anyone does remember please remind, it will be very much appreciated.
.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
.
revised
I found the title everybody - its called "MY BABY"
.
I like Nkem because he is not only a great actor but i love his village settings (which is always my favourite kind) - and i love his sound scores and beautiful igbo music he uses in his movies (even though most of the lyrics to the songs give the movie away :lol:)
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...have you seen my in law by Nkem Owoh? that is also a funny one!

Anonymous said...

Oh man,I laughed till I cried...'My Baby" is one of the funniest movies I have ever watched....

Anonymous said...

Miss tilli.....the movie you said, emeka enyiocha and emeka ike....i know a movie similar to the one you described...But its called peace maker...very touching movie, they were both brothers with nkiru and benita nzeribe as their sisters. I dont know if this may be the movie you meant and got confused. Plz get back to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...