Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Today We Salute You .....

I will take it upon my myself to continue to rave and stomp my feet loud to the FEW directors and producers doing great work in the african movie industry. Their work will never go unnoticed at least not on this blog so as from today (and also when i transition to my new website which is still in the works) -there willl be a section titled

.

WE SALUTE YOU.

.

I have commended a few directors/producers in the past. Today i am saluting one whom i have never mentioned and probably turned a blind sight to unintentionally. Mr Izu's direction of work, which i have loved much to date, i will say is 2008s movie titled: "DISTANCE BETWEEN" starring our very own Rita Dominic, Mercy Johnson, Yemi Blaq and Kalu Ikeagwu. Excellent directed movie which touches on so many subjects including incest, rape, promiscuity etc. If you dont have this movie run (dont walk) and go grab it.

.

"MR IZU OJUKWU"

TODAY WE SALUTE YOU

.

Izu Ojukwu is arguably the youngest director in the Nigeria Movie industry who has garnered much respect for himself so much that the mere mentioning of his name makes practitioners shudder. This respect had come through the difference in his works. Since 1991 when he entered the industry straight from High School, Izu has done less than twelve movies basically because he has used those long years to better equip himself in terms of training not from the classroom but practically (bio source: allafrica).

.

Mr Ojukwu hand of work have included

-DISTANCE BETWEEN

-SITANDA

-SHUT IN

-CINDYS NOTES

-WHITE WATERS

-ACROSS THE NIGER

-NNENDA

-CHILD

-LAVIVA

.

I have seen "Distance Between", "Sitanda" and "Shut In" and truly enjoyed it all and still waiting to see the rest of titles as in blue I havent seen yet. I eargely wait for Cindys Notes especially - the reviews are so excellent - if anyone can help me get a hold of this movie here in US please let me know, I will pay for it. Here some of the trailers i could get for 'some' of his directed movies

.















.




.

Mr Ojukwu, l know like many directors in the african movie industry, funding and financial support is a huge challenge for you. I say May God continue to bless you to get all the funding you need to continue to tell the great stories yet untold in the african movie industry - I like the story lines you like to touch on o that most people in our industry wont - movies that gets us out our comfort zones as you did with "Shut In" (the only point loss was the sound score was kinda irritating). May our governments notice all the jobs these movies create and support great directors/producers such as MR. IKE IZU OJUKWU worthy of support for the good work they put out. Izu i see you shooting in a fully funded 35 MM (most dominate film guage for image origination) very soon (the same support and wishes goes to my other favourite producers and directors as i mentioned: http://myafricanmoviereviews.blogspot.com/2010/07/miss-tiliis-it-list-of-great.html )

.

Once again We Salute You.

.

I have said it before I will continue to market G-R-E-A-T african movies by great directors for FREE - its my passion and I will continue to do that if thats all i have to do to help.

.

.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i heard of his orther movie the child, a friend of mine said he has seen the trailer on face book, i am not on face book, i beleive u do have a face book,can u post the trailer from face book, so i can see, my friend says is on izu's face book.About how to watch his other movies which u haven't watched,i know of an available place to watch just across the niger,but i don't know if u are one of those that don't patronize watching african movies online, however, i don't think u will be able to get a copy of it since it was released back in 2007, so by now it is no longer in circulation unless u have a family member or buddy who owns it and can lend it to u, besides that the only place u can watch the movie now is onlinenigeria.com, just google nigerian movies and it will come out, then go to the search box and type in across the niger, it will probably give a list of movies as u are tyoping in the words,please give a review of it when u finally watch it, i love ur reviews.

Anonymous said...

i heard of his orther movie the child, a friend of mine said he has seen the trailer on face book, i am not on face book, i beleive u do have a face book,can u post the trailer from face book, so i can see, my friend says is on izu's face book.About how to watch his other movies which u haven't watched,i know of an available place to watch just across the niger,but i don't know if u are one of those that don't patronize watching african movies online, however, i don't think u will be able to get a copy of it since it was released back in 2007, so by now it is no longer in circulation unless u have a family member or buddy who owns it and can lend it to u, besides that the only place u can watch the movie now is onlinenigeria.com, just google nigerian movies and it will come out, then go to the search box and type in across the niger, it will probably give a list of movies as u are tyoping in the words,please give a review of it when u finally watch it, i love ur reviews.

My African Movie Reviews said...

I seen "The Child" on his facebook profile too but i cant seem to copy an embedment to post it here. I have contacted him to send me more details so i can market it for him for free here so i am waiting for his response.

And as for watching movies online i still dont advocate that not even on onlinenigeria - u need to be careful with those too - i have ppl who tried someo of these sites and it get them a deadly virus on their computer and they were never able to restore their computer to what it was. Becareful.

chetablog said...

Izu is a giant and I am glad you have saluted him. He has never sold out and you can tell that he is constantly trying to get better even in the face of adversity

GBAGAUN! said...

I gotta say, I saw this documentary, Welcome to Nollywood and they were profiling the making of LA VIVA. I wanted to cry just because of how hard things were for him, the cast and the crew due to lack of funding. I'm so happy to see the quality the of movies he's bringing out these days, his hardwork paid of.

Distance Between is honestly one of my favorite movies of all time. I'm wishing the success.

P.S, I'm really loving this ur blog. Don't agree with everything you say but I love what you're doing. I'm a blogger also and I know how hard it can be sometimes but thanks a lot, we african movie addicts will be lost without you, lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...