Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ghanaian Local Movies (Twi Movies)

I never reviewed much of Ghanaian Local Movies because I know the majority of folks who traffic my blog are more interested in the English movies. However this is just a brief announcement to those who do watch local Ghanaian Movies to look out for some great titles out there (all i have listed is worth the buy i promise) - I hardly watch them cos in the past the script and acting hasnt been that impressive but i must admit lately i have watched several and they are very very nice. The Titles are as follows:
.
-ABRO KYIRE BAYIE (translation 'Witchcraft Abroad')- excellent movie - loved it from start to finish
.
-ABRO KYIRE ABRABO (translation 'Life Abroad')
.
-AKYA KOO AWARE BRONI (translation Agya Koo is married to a white woman)
.
-ANI DA SUO ASA (translation Hope is Gone)
.
-MAKOSEM (? i cant translate this- my twi is not that good)
.
-ME WUO AKYI (translation 'After my death')
.
-KAYA YOO (translation: referred to those who carry goods for customers in the market) - i love the mansion in this movie
.
-ABROKYIRE BURGER (translation: uhmmm I cant translate this)
.
-MI DIE NI WUA (translation:I am your one and only)
.
-NATASHA
.
-ME WUO AKYI (translation: After my death) - U have to check Agya Koo Michael Jackson moves in part 3 & 4 of this movie
.
-?
(I will add more later.)
.
The movies I have bolded in green where shot in London-UK, and I must say i truly enjoyed it. No pretenses - the Kumasianos are killing it :lol: - am truly enjoying their movies lately - much more than i had in the past. Agya Koo will have you rolling all over your living room floor - u need to see "Me Wuo Akyi" - where he was doing his Michael Jackson moves with pink gloves. I had rib stiffness from laughing so damn hard - hear me when i say i was on the floor rolling in laughter. He is hilarious beyond description. And on top of that he had the nerve to say "he was on his way to Michael Jackson funeral" (i guess this movie was shot around when MJ was being laid to rest in LA. :lol:
.
(am sorry - for those who who dont speak/understand the twi language and want to know if it is subtitled - i forgot - let me check and get back to you - i was so engrossed in it- its my first language so i didnt pay much attention.)
.
I truly enjoyed all the above movies. I guess our african industry do better in are local dialect movies cos they are no pretenses (the acting is way better and believable - scripts are better too) - the same way Yoruba movies 'sometimes' have better scripts than English Movies in Nollywood.
.
.

2 comments:

Gifty said...

lol rofl.. i watched the trailers of those movies.. JUST THE TRAILERS.. AND I'M ROFL!! IT'S SOO FUNNY.. oh gosh.. hmm i gotta watch these movies.. agya koo is too much

p.s oh u misspelled agya koo.. it's agya koo not akya koo.. :) thanks.

My African Movie Reviews said...

Where did you watch these trailers - i never find trailers for Local ghanaian movies. Was it on the Tube.?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...