Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Recap on Movies I Dont Waste My Money or Time on

So i got this young lady (non african) email me today telling me about how she has spend so much money on crap movies which is just on her shelf and is purely a waste and wishes she had been a little selective but just like we were all got duped when we started this movie watching game 10 yrs ago - we all learn as we go along. (Poor thang :lol:)
.
All the movie titles she mentioned in her email have all the type of storyline i avoid as stated in my previous thread (link below). I wish this lady had read this thread but i guess she hadnt stumble on this blog yet. She got convinced by what the movie dealer in the african store told her.
.
For all the newbies in US/UK starting out watching movies - please dont let the african store owner convince u the movie is nice, most of the time they havent even watched the movie themselves. They are just trying to sell - so if they purchased 5-10 copies of some particular movie off of distributor Franco Films or Sanga Entertainment- come what may they have to get rid of all and sell these movies - even if it means lying to you. Dont always believe them.
.
Try and do your research by reading the various movie review blogs first (mine, Nollywoodforever etc) before you go and spend money buying the movie (Money is tight in this economy and every penny counts).
.
If you have to start reading from the beginning of this blog, read through and alert yourself and find out what we call out as crap (at least crap in my opinion - but "to each his own" right?) then please spend that 1 hr to do that.
.
Your research will be worth it. It will save you some money - and thats the whole goal of these various review blogs.
.
If you browse thru this blog you will notice producers i have called out, for audience to stay clear from. We all dont have to like the same thing neither do you have to agree with me - this is simply my opinion - its at your own judgement call to go out and buy these movies.
.
Read This Old Thread on "Crap Alerts" and Movies to NOT spend your money on
http://myafricanmoviereviews.blogspot.com/2009/07/movie-themes-that-have-clear-signs-of.html
.
.
.
.

1 comment:

Nollywood Forever said...

LOL I been in this game 2 years and I still get fooled now and then... Luckily there is the blog as an excuse so I don't mind so much now... especially if I sell or swap afterwards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...