Saturday, March 13, 2010

CheckMate (Upcoming Movie by Shirley.F.Manso)



.

here is the official website of upcoming movie by our Ghana's very own Shirley Frimpong Manso
.
http://checkmatemovie.com/

(the movietrailer is also on the website or simply click here


.

The title is called "CHECKMATE" and it stars Nadia Buari (this is the first time Shirley has decided to work with Nadia. Well i hope she leaves her brimerican accent aside and hopefully Shirley brought out the best in her to truly act abd be realistic in the character -am not a big fan of Nadia - YET! - to each his own).

.
The movie was produced and written as always by Shirley herself, co produced by Chris Attoh and Directed my Chris older brother Ken Attoh who also directed "A sting in a tale".

.

It also stars ghanaian actresses Naa Ashorkor Mensah, Ekow Blankson, Kweku Sintim Misa (KSM) and introducing Sesanu Gbedawo.

.

Its very understandable why Shirley chose not to recycle this time like she has done with her previous movies but rather - bring in new faces, I hope these actors lived up to the expectation - you are not just acting some movie - This is a Shirley Frimpong Manso movie and her reputation is at stake here so i hope these new actors dont disappoint at all - I will be watching with an extra keen eye.

.

Tis the year for new faces - new EXCELLENT talent - Africa is a big continent with a lot of hidden talent we need to dig - and this is where i put my energy to dig those talents. We need that Majid, Adjetey, Jim, Genevieve, Rita, Ini etc type package - Beautiful/Handsome, Eloquent, Articulate, Diverse in their acting skills and most importantly can bring the character to life and make us believe in what they are protraying - nothing forced. I am yearning for new faces this year.

.
STORYLINE:
Kwame has made all the right moves in his life; a good job, a beautiful devoted wife, an adorable child, and an impending promotion as a senior customs officer at the airport.

.
But what seems like a typical guys hang out on a weekend away from home in the company of his new friend and mentor, Kiki, turns out to be the one wrong move Kwame makes. After losing a game of Chess, he succumbs to a bet to seduce the attractive, sexy Caroline.
.
A few weeks later, the consequences of a dirty forgotten weekend pops up in Kwame’s life threatening to destroy everything he so dearly loves. But the games are just beginning when he realizes that Caroline’s demand for his love is nothing compared to the demands of a drug lord who will do anything to get Kwame’s assistance in smuggling drugs out of the country.
.
With his entire life hanging on a thread, Kwame must try to win the game or risk losing everything.
.
The official premiere dates in Ghana is April 1st - this is why i love Shirley so much - she is a true ghanaian patriot who always make sure she releases her ghanaian movies first in the ghanaian market before anywhere else - regardless of whether its cost efficient or not - i guess it still works for her some way.

.
Many atimes a lot of ppl back home complain cos people in the states gets the movie released months in advance before its released on lagos and accra markets. I still get people from Naija contacting me asking me how come they cant get a hold of Silent Scandal or A Sting in a Tale or Guilty Pleasures - I dont know maybe they are looking in the wrong places.
.

After the success of "A Sting in a Tale", "Perfect Picture", "Life and Living it", and "Scorned", we all wait patiently to see this new movie. I anticipate folks in US and UK will get to see this around May or Mid June when Shirley finally releases here. Most of her DVDs are released by Sanga Entertainment in NY.

.
PLEASE NOTE DATES
.
GRAND PREMIERE

.
DATE:
.

ARPRIL 1ST 2010

.
VENUE:


NATIONAL THEATRE
.


TIME:

6.30 - 9.30PM
.

.
GHANA NATIONWIDE RELEASE


(Oops I meant SILVERBIRD release :LOL)
.


DATE:

APRIL 2ND 2010

.
VENUE:

SILVERBIRD THEATRE - ACCRA MALL

.
TIME:

CALL SILVERBIRD OR GO TO THEIR WEBSITE TO VIEW SHOWTIMES.
.

.

.

.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS....SHIRLEY, I LOVE YOUR WORK!!! I WILL WAIT PATIENTLY UNTIL IT REACH TORONTO-CANADA!

Nollywood Forever said...

Can't wait... A good movie is long overdue! Lawd save me from the pit of mediocrity and substandardness I have been forced into. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I have to say this is not going to be an original movie, it seems. The plotline reads a lot like the plotline of Fatal Attraction (with the exception of the drug dealer), so I am a bit diappointed. It is nice to see that it's being adapted for a ghanaian context, but even so, it's a bit disappointing to see an unoriginal story

ken said...

Hi guys this is Ken Attoh. If you would like Sparrow to Premiere its movies in the US and Canada. let us Know. We will create a facebook page to help you express your interest in our plans. If the response is attractive we will premiere there. THANKS for supporting our efforts.

Anonymous said...

For some reason i have totally gone off watching Nadia in any film. She just seems to do the same thing all the time. She speaks and acts the same way in all her films. She really needs to break it down a bit more, loose her self and not feel so beautiful all the time. Watching the trailer It still looks like she's done the same thing here!

Anonymous said...

Ei what happened to my comment about this movie being a rip-off of Fatal attraction?

Tell It Like It is said...

I couldnt watch 10mins of her movie Chelsea, all the slanging bullshyt was too much and on top of that i noticed it was a Venus Production (i was like spare me :rolleyes:). Nadia Buari Is Not a NATURAL actress.

I mean the girl will even speak with a brimerican accent in a VILLAGE movie. I prefer her when she speaks her ghanaian accent.

And they wonder why i love Majid - cos he so pure and natural at what he does.

Tell It Like It is said...

Mr/Mrs Anonymous, So this brief storyline made you come to a conclusion that its a rip off of FATAL ATTRACTION - we wait to see if it so,until then am sorry there is nothing on the sypnosis of the movie that tells me its anything like fatal attraction - unless Shirley has given you the movie in advance to watch before anybody else.

Lets just hope a rabbit is not boiled in a pot :lol: :wink:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Ken Attoh,
I will like for Sparrow Productions to release thier films in Toronto-CANADA!!
Please set up the facebook account, thanks.

Adwoa said...

Miss Frimpong Manso....I cannot wait to see this movie!!! You've never failed me yet, I just can't wait!!

Adwoa said...

To: Mr Ken Attoh:
It will be wonderful if Sparrow Productions can release their films in Canada....TORONTO....to be precise!!!!

LaNudgiLoca said...

I couldn't agree with you more on this... very Pin -point summary. Im with you here, I am not a big fan of Nadia, everytime I watch her act I always cringe in my seat coz I wanna see she brings out the best but yet I see no improvements. I really hope... no let me rephrase, I really Pray that working with Shirley it brings out the best for Nadia. In other way, I know Shirley will not dissapoint so I cant wait.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...