Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WHITE HUNTERS (review)


TITLE:
WHITE HUNTERS
(the above is the movie jacket for the USA DVD release, i think it would market more had they included Funke Akindele on the cover as well, she has a larger audience after infamous movie JENIFA)
.
STARRING:
-Funke Akindele
-Ini Edo
-Mercy Johnson
-Halima Abubakar
-Chigozie Atuanya
.
STORYLINE:

Young women constantly looking for greener pastures in white men. The only survival plan is to get hooked to white men from any part of the world with loads of money. :lol:
.
PRODUCER:
tba
.
DIRECTOR:
tba
.
MY REVIEW:
It is not the greatest script movie and yall know i dont like reviewing movies less that 8/10 ratings - but this one was funny sha. I mean is this really realistic back home, i dont know you tell me. Funke makes it hilarious. She had me in tears laughing. She still had that Ayetoro Suliat mannerisms in this movie.
.
Its about girls trying to hunt for oyibo men by any means necessary cos they think its their meal ticket. Funke (with only secondary education under her belt) competes with Mercy Johnson and Ini Edo characters for oyibo men.
.
Funkes character searched and searched and searched but to no avail until she found herself a GARLIC EATING INDIAN MAN WITH A TURBAN ON HIS HEAD (she met him in a grocery store and pursued him)Hilarious movie. I realise how much I miss her so much in english movies (i first noticed her in Sharon Stone also starring Gene and Stephnora- though it was a small role she had, she really caught my eye as a potential great actress), but she got me watching Yoruba movies 2 yrs ago nonetheless and i havent stopped watching since. I love you Funke. You are too much :lol:.
.
Mercy's character had me in stitches with her new found white love as she competes with Inis character - a 73 yr old man using walking stick - this is what i mean by "By any Means Necessary". Funke back to her "Gbogbo Big Girlz , kilon sparkles, is like u know, amean, hi, excuse me, hounshhhhhhhhh", Its just hilarious movie i think - Funke and Mercy made it funny.
.
All the white actors acting in this movie was NOT GOOD as expected, I mean it comes as no surprise, cos there has not been one ghanaian/najia movie to date i have watched where the oyibos acting is top notch, its like they go for the worst actors and place them in these movies, and this is why usually i avoid such movies.
.
MY RATINGS
5/10
(IF YOU HAVE MONEY TO WASTE - THEN BUY THIS MOVIE :lol: - its not a classic but its funny nonetheless. I mean once u see a movie jacket where the girls are dressed like aristos/runs as this movie jacket u know thats not a movie for keepers :lol:)
.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!this movie was a waste of my time, I'm very glad I did not buy it. Mercy Johnson, Ini Edo, Halima Abubarka, and etc. what was you girls thinking doing this movie???
This movie was terrible!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Miz B said...

I found it hilarious! Not all films are to be taken seriously! this was no exception! The garlic spitting indian was a classic! So was the one carrying things on his head for Ini in the market! couldnt stop laffing! Definately to to be taken seriously! good to see the girls laff at them selves for a change though it was pretty sexist if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

Mercy ,halima ,funke loveeeeee u galzs god !u all are just hilarious

Anonymous said...

look for funke's new film titled "amiwo".its a must watch

My African Movie Reviews said...

See why i love you, I love Yoruba movies yet i never get anyone to suggest any good ones to me -(eg subtitled ones for NON YORUBA SPEAKING folks like me) - So far JENIFA remains my favourite

In my new upcoming site i will have a section for yoruba movies for non yorubas who are interested in the subtitled movie. My most highly anticipated is JENIFA 2 and OMO GHETTO. Its gon be a parry. I will look out for the one you mention. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I think the concept of what constitutes "white" is lost on the producers of this movie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...