Tuesday, February 16, 2010

SILENT SCANDAL (Excellent Movie Starring Genevieve Nnaji)

Update on Feb 17th 2010:.
I just got this movie again this past weekend because the one i had from Dec 2009 was the VCD format which I got back home in GH this christmas) (i guess west africa still sells the vcd formats cos its cheaper to produce and sell - I got mine on the streets of accra from the movie hawkers for 5 ghana cedi, two cds part 1 & 2 in one case - same with A Sting in a Tale - VCDS are no more than 5 ghana cedis - no where did i see DVDs format being sold - i woulda bought that).
.
I dont like VCDs (because i prefer my DVDs where all parts are on 1 dvd and not several) so i had already decided to get the actual DVD once i got back to US . I finally got it this weekend for my library and its been sitting there cos I knew i had already watched it many times alreadt , but today i was bored (do u blame me 1st quarter 2010 is slow as hell and we need some great releases as such) so i decided to pop it in my dvd player and rewatch again for the gajillionth time :lol:.
.
If you dont know this, most movies released in USA (i dont know for UK - nollyforever confirm this for me) are reproduced in DVD format here in USA by Sanga Entertainment, Franco Films etc (silent scandal was reproduced by franco - executive images).
.
I am only 30mins into the movie and just noticed that there are several scenes in the US DVD release that were not shown in the theatre premiere in Silverbird Ghana, nor was it on the VCD I purchased when i home. SO obviously the DVD is way better than VCD (always make sure you PURCHASE DVD if its available).
.
I hope eventually they start producing and selling the DVD formats back home (Ghana, Nigeria etc) - its simple its just all parts in one cd (even if its 2/3 or 4 parts) and not several cds to take space. I love the DVD formats.
.
I plan on repurchasing "A Sting in a Tale" too considering what i have realised now. I am sure there maybe some scenes in there too that i did not see on the vcd format i purchased back home.
.
All these are EXCELLENT movies so i dont mind purchasing it and i continually suggest you all do the same and buy some for your friends and family. Its money well spent - a rewatchable movie for your VIDEO LIBRARY.
.
See below for any revisions on my review based on the new stuff i see watching this again. I will put any addition in green font (if there is any).
.
.
December 2009
.

.
Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
.
Thats my scream of excitement after watching SILENT SCANDAL - PHENOMENAL EXCELLENT MOVIE. Ohhhhhhh I loved it.
.
I mean anyone who reads this blog knows Ego Boyo's Keeping Faith remains my #1 movie of all time (a movie i can watched so many times and still not get bored) but afterwatching Silent Scandal - am rethinking, Keeping Faith is going to shift to #2 :lol - let me not speak too quick before my long awaited Emem Isong produced "Bursting Out" make me eat my words - still patiently wating for that)
.
Lets just say our female producers sure as hell are taking all the men producers to the cleaners. Vivian Ejike, i dont who you are and never seen your work before this movie, but lets just say i salute you. You ladies are making me so damn proud to be a woman and i will continue to support your good work. I love love love love love love you all.
.
Emem Isong (love you always my sister, Ego Boyo (Keeping Faith producer, where u at, we miss ya work), Shirley Frimpong Manso (Life and Living it) and now Vivian Ejike (Silent Scandal)
.
I thought GUILTY PLEASURES sealed it for us before the end of 2009 but Vivian Ejike just had to put the icing on the cake or shoud i say the cherry on the icing cake,chei. I love it love it love it.
.
STARRING
Genevieve Nnaji as Jessie Obi
Majid Michel as Naeto

Uche Jumbo as Mukky
Chelsea Eze - as Ella Ubaka
Ebele Okaro as Grandma Ubaka
.
PRODUCER
VIVIAN EJIKE
.
DIRECTOR
TK FALOPE

.
SCREENPLAY
Vivian Ejike
.
SYPNOSIS
The dramatic love story that revolves around the hidden and triangular love lives of a strict mother, her spoilt daughter and an indigent 'playboy,' has top actress, Genevieve Nnaji, as the lead act, Majid Michel, Uche Jombo, Ebele Okaro and a host of other emerging acts.
.
Silent Scandal was shot with hi-tech production equipment and thoroughly manned by tested professionals within and outside Nigeria.“It's a contemporary and an emotional story, where a mother and her only daughter, unknowingly, are torn apart by the true love and lust of an indigent young man.
.
"Silent Scandal" is full of intrigues and suspense from start-to-finish. She also states with all sense of modesty that the movie, is another plus for Nollywood, especially now that the nation is preaching the gospel of re-branding. The movie, which was directed by a Nigerian filmmaker based in Los Angeles, US, also featured a live Fashion Show by award winning designer, Zizi Cardow and her leggy models.
.
STYLIST
Uche Nancy
(I have never added this category in my movie review before but i felt the need to this time cos i love the whole wardrobe of Genny in this movie. I dont know if she used her own stylist as she always does or this was the work of Uche Nancy who is usually the stylist for the majority of the cast. I have a feeling Genny had her own stylist. Loved every scene what she wore and yall known she wears the hell out of it. Unlike the mnay nollywoodians onset, she wears the clothes, the clothes dont wear her. Love me some Genny.
Uche Nancy
.
MY REVIEW
It wasnt no damn premiere, it was simply the movie showing in a theatre with regular folks. I have barely gotten home to ghana and i have been 419ed as welcome :lol:.
.
This is me thinking some red carpet and stuff, got all dressed up, got there and realised i was overdressed for the occasion. Accra Mall (where Silverbird is) jam packed with teenagers - I guess this our first mall was built for them - the teenagers practically live in that mall - and now unlike during our days they dont even want to speak our local language anymore, You speak to them in local dialects and they respond in BriMerican slangs :lol (na wah oh).
.
I dont even know where to start but lets just say i am not going to give the movie away by giving you all the details. Loved the movie from beginning to end and i cant wait till it gets on DVD so i can gift wrap it with Guilty Pleasures and Reloaded and give it as christmas gifts to my friends and family - This movie has to be one of the best movies for 2009.
.
The beginning of the movie at least the first 30 mins of it kinda reminded me of Tyler Perry's "Daddy's Little Girls" (starring Gabrielle Union and Ghana's finest Idris Elba) - the whole movie - just like i loved Gabbys wardrobe and styles in that movie i did the same for Genny. The whole uppity nose in the air black corporate lady in mid 30s with no man always engrouged in work stuff being driven by a handsome poor driver (u go figure the rest) - that whole bit reminded me so much of the movie Daddys Little Girls.
.
The new girl who plays Gennys daughter I will say is good - i honestly forgot her name and you know i dont have the dvd yet since i saw it in Silverbird. She has potential and she played her character well.
.
I am not sure where the movie was shot, a part me thinks its ghana and a part of me thinks its naija, I cant make it out. Either way it was good.
.
Uche Jumbo was good in her role, she made the audience laugh a lot in many of her scenes with her comments. She played Gennys boy/sex craze friend, side kick and confidant. My best scene with her was the restaurant scene where she was going on about how she keeps fit having lots of sex, and then just as she was speaking some dude (who is suppose to be one of her exercise machines i guess) knocks on the window, she gestures him to come into the restaurant, he does so, and comes kneel down next to Uche and whispers something into Uches ear as Genny sits there wondering what the hell) without a beat, Uche reaches into her purse and whips some money out and gives it to him ( i guess that's payment of services :lol) - the whole theater busted out laughing.
.
One of my other favorite scene in the movie (apart from the passionate kiss scene) is the scene where Majid proposes. Oh my gosh, it was too nice. I could hear some women in the theater saying loud enough in to the Ghanaian men in the theatre to hear"WATCH AND LEARN" - i just bursted out laughing. I swear i love me some Majid, he is such a good actor and when you pair him up with such great talent as Genny, it makes it even better
.
LEAVE THE BEST FOR LAST - Genny and Majid - the chemistry was phenomenal as expected. I cant describe the feelin in my heart watching these two together in every scene - excellent on screen chemistry (best i ever seen since Genny and Ramsey Nouah or RMD or Muna Obiekwe) - And oh after they parted and found each other again and Genny went to his house to confess - it was a wrap. Just loved it - am like ohhhhh they gon kisss, they gon kiss ohhhh - oh my Gosh - this is too much (Akos u silly sometimes - yeah i know - am a sucker for romance - blame Mills & Boons - thats all i read growing up :lol:).
.
I predicted how great a chemistry Genny and Majid will have right after first seeing Majid in "Crime to Christ" for the first time in November 2007 over thanksgiving dinner watching the movie with a group of friends , I instantly emailed Genny and told her about him and predicted they will be good together on screen someday and I was right. There is just something about Majid - all I can say is the boy is going places. Ms Olympio (Majids mom) you raised a fine and talented son. Good Job. He makes our country proud.
.
But that scene Genny confronting Majid in his home - i'd have used quotes such as the one from Love and Basketball -my favorite Hollywood movie of all time (Sanaa & Omar) - by Majid telling Gennys character
- Majid: "U havent changed - You think the sun rise and shines on ya ass, well it doesnt.
- Genny: So why you so upset
- Majid: Because you dont pull this type of ish on someone who is about to get married
.
My favourite scene was when Majid told Genny off for being stuck up and stuck in her high and mighty world. I just wanted the ground to burst open so i can hide for her. Imagine the audacity of your employee driver telling you like it is (i mean it wasn't far from the truth).The whole theater was like"ohhhhhhhhh no he didnt" - and Gens face looked like a ghost - she couldn't believe her ears. Next thing you know - she roaming round the slums and ghetto to go find the same driver who told her like it is.:lol: "Wube ka ni kure" :lol:
.
Majid ("Apaakye" - my nickname for him since Guilty Pleasures) - i swear i love this dude, he never dissapoints. Only if he sticks to great producers as such who make him shine like he did in this and Guilty Pleasures - he better no let me bump into his lite ass in Rhapsody or Citizen Kofi Club this Christmas - uma have to pull him aside and give himm some advice. I want nothing but the best for Majid, He has soooooooooo much potential to cross over to even Hollywood.
.
So the last 7 mins of the movie they type in bold large fonts across the screen which says "30 MONTHS LATER (am like What??? 30 ke?) I shook my head and said, there you go - that’s nollywood for you, now what would a nollywood movie be without a fastword to 30 months or more later :lol:
.
When you first watch the movie and the credits start rolling at the end of the movie, you may be like me and say WTF, it ended already ??? Just like dat???u might feel the ending was kinda odd, but when you walk away from the movie, it makes you think why did they end it like that, but give your self a few minutes think about it and you realise, why it made sense for it to end like that. You solve the Mystery yourself. I hate to give movies away when most havent watched it. Hopefully you get hold of this movie b4 end of the year (2009), Watch it come back and lets discuss.
.
You wondering if this movie was so great as I rave why didn’t I give it a perfect 10, well I did not because I have never given a perfect 10 . Not even "Keeping Faith". There were a few flaws, but these flaws dont overshadow the greatness of the movie like most movies. For this movie in particular the hairstylist did not do such a great job on the hair department.
.
I think if Nollywood is not going to use good hairstylist, lets simply retire with the half wigs right bout now, bcos clearly with most movies I've seen if they are doing half wigs. They put these half wigs on these actresses and comb their hair over it and its looks like night and day (reminds me of "hass" :lol: black and red candy from the 80s) - and its like night and day, their hair almost always never matches the wig color. Maybe the screen which I watched this movie and the past movies are always too crystal clear, so clear I can see everything (the skin & hair at HD quality) Chelsea Eze (who played Ella) hair did not look great in any scene at all. Sometimes the wig was so evident. When it comes to Genny in most movies her hair is on point & great, but in this movie her hair was ok in "some scenes" but not all scenes.

.
So overall the 0.5 on points was lost on the hair dpt. The film score (sound/music) was also "just ok". So on my final note (and humorous one at that) Abeg lets retire on the half wigs, either you are going to give us a great weave, braids, full wig or better yet lets upgrade to LACE FRONT WIGS. YES LACE FRONT WIGS - its fast easy and always on point. Hollywood have been using it for years, and now its affordable to all, if we are going to wig it, lets just make it our new year resolution. Seeing two different tones on ones head is quite distracting to me. This is just my sixth sense and suggestion for improvement to the movie set GLAM SQUAD of our stars.

.
Though this was not in this movie however we are on the subject for suggestions maybe some
real flowers instead of fake plastic roses, will do great or if u r going to use fake don’t insult the audience by letting the character smell it like they're smelling some real rose. C,mon now- what do you take us for - fools?? and then finally a closure to the drinking of orange juice in wine glasses :lol: (let me just end here cos I could go on forever).
.
Either way i loved the whole script, the production, the direction and everything. Vivian Ejike and her whole crew did well and you all know i love great prodcuation and will promote and advertise for free. Please support this lady and all our other great female producers and go out and PURCHASE this movie. DONT WATCH IT ON LINE or BUY BOOTLEG- PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
.
Just go buy this, buy Guilty Pleasures, buy Reloaded, buy Distance Between, buy Letters to a Stranger, buy Keeping Faith and all the many other great movies that need to e supported. If u dont buy it and support them how do they recoup the money to put into it to make this movie and make another one.
.
YOU HAVE NOT LOST MONEY IF YOU BUY GREAT MOVIES SUCH AS THIS. IF THE MOVIE IS CRAP I (and oher movie review sites will tell you like it is and let you know our opinions)
.
So that’s my conclusion….. Oh and by the way did I tell you I ABSOLUTELY UTTERLY MUTTERLY LOVED THIS MOVIE SILENT SCANDAL (oh ok, I thought I forgot to mention) :lol
.
(ohhhhh what kind of wahala is this with stupid cafe - ah ah. i have to comeback to continue, nonsense ghana cyber cafe, abeg i will continue later - When will vodafone come and fix my internet at home, am getting tired of this wahala in the cafes.419ers left right and center. Sometimes i wonder can i even stay as planned - but i will try sha, there is no place like home. To all th e ghanaians on board please recommend the best company for the FASTEST home internet service (nothing frustruates me more than a slow service) - i am leaning to Vodafone right now but i havent shopped around so i want to know i am making the right choice.
.
MY RATINGS
9.5/10 - THE BEST MOVIE OF GENNY FOR 2009 - GO GRAB YA COPIES QUICK
.
VIVIAN EJIKE - WE SALUTE YOU THIS DAY AND HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO GIVE US SUCH GREAT ENTERTAINMENT, YOU AND EMEM ISONG AND SHIRLEY FRIMPONG MANSO AND ALL THE OTHER GREAT PRODUCERS IN NOLLYWOOD WHO TRULY UNDERSTAND THE TRUE MEANING TO GREAT WORK AND GREAT ENTERTAINMENT - MAKES US ALL PROUD. WE SHALL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU ALL.
.
RUN AND GO TO YOUR NEAREST STORE TO BUY THIS MOVIE, I SUGGEST YOU BUY IT AS GIFT FOR YOU NON AFRICAN FRIENDS WHO HAVE NEVER WATCHED AN AFRICAN MOVIE - THIS WILL BE A GOOD RECOMMENDATION (AS WELL AS GUILTY PLEASURES) FOR A FIRST TIMEER EVER WATCHING OUR MOVIES
.

Run and go to your nearest store to buy this movie, i suggest you buy it as gift for you non african friends who have never watched an african movie - this will be a good recommendation (as well as guilty pleasures) for a first timeer ever watching our movies .

.
To all the male producers - what are you going to do about this, cos the ladies are surely wiping all of you on the floor this 2009. Prove me wrong and come correct 2010. Tchidi i still got my eye on you, i havent given up on you, whether you get mad at me or not you still will remain one of my best. I am just waiting for something great from you, it didn't happen this 2009 but i look forward to 2010.
.
These many review sites got nothing personal on any producer - we don't even know you, we are just giving constructive criticism and telling it like it is - from an audience point of view. Keep ya knickers on.
.
Update on Jan 1 2010
.
So finally this movie is out on VCD here in Ghana (even though I would prefer all my movies on DVD format, and as such I will have to repurchase when I go back to Atlanta) and within a week I have watched it at least 10 times (I mean hey it’s a slow year with bombardment of crap movies so unless you put movies such as “Guilty Pleasures”, “Reloaded”,Sting in a Tale” and “Silent Scandal” on rotation, then I don’t know what else to do, at least until the next best movies are released). By the way I realized from watching the vcd that at least 4 or 5 scenes were cut from the movie shown at the theatre, so to whomever missed the movie in the theatre you are better off buying the dvd/vcd – cos there are no cut scenes at all.
.
The more I have watched this movie I have noticed a lot of things and yet loving it more and more. First of all someone tell me, am I the only one that wants to strangle that watchman (Jessies’ watchman) with my bear hands, gosh he is such a dummie. What is he being paid for? He is full of ish. “Useless” is an understatement. But I guess he played his dummie role very well. He was frustruating the hell out of me, I just wanted to fling his ear.
.
Few Noticed Flaws
The age thing with Jessie and her Daughter Ella that people are pointing out, I see what you mean, but the flaws of this movie do not outweigh the greatness of it, so had you guys not mention it – I wouldn’t have noticed it when I watched it the first time, but now after watching it for the 10th time or so, I see it.
.
There are a few contradictions with the dates and times. My only question to Vivian is how many months/years went by after Jessie and Neto broke up before they met again at Jessie’s surprise birthday party? Was it a few months or two years?. Reason why I ask is – In the restaurant where Neto had reunion lunch with Ella, he said, it had been 2 years since his break up with the lady he married (being Jessie). I got confused there. Anyway, I won’t let these lil flaws mess up the movie for me, Like I said it’s not even evident unless its pointed out.

.


Okey Benson, you did the editing to the movie and shoulda catch these flaws – the math was all wrong on the dates/times. Granted Jessie celebrated two birthdays in the movie but yet still the age, dates and times were a lil fumbled and contradicted as many have noticed.
.
My only advise to Vivian is next time please subtitle the parts with pigeon english (as spoken by the gateman and Rose - the house help) – though I plus the many others understand it, I suggest those parts are subtitled. I was watching this movie with my non African friend and whenever they spoke she kept asking me “what did they say”? Your movie is excellent Vivian and you want to reach a wider international audience to at least break even in order to get your funding to entertain us more.
.
The more I watch the movie, the more I think seriously Genny is an EXCELLENT actress (and may all the haters say “AMEN!”:lol: – hey I mean like Wendy Williams will say “It is what it is” – you can deny it all you want – she is, was and will always be the best) – folks think cos she is my friend I think every movie she does is perfect, NO – you are wrong – matter of fact there have been a handful movies she has been in, in the past which I did not like and I let her know that).

.

Gosh I mean you watch this movie and pay good attention to detail and see what I mean, just like Majid, she knows how to express emotions so well and so convincing you forget you are watching a movie. I mean every scene was excellent in that movie – there is not a single Character this lady cannot play well. She leaves no stone unturned, and what makes me love Genny more is she is nothing like the character she plays (just like Patience Ozorkwor in her overly evil, conniving, shrewd, cunning roles that are so damn convincing – some ppl cant even separate Patience from her characters but according to sources she is so not like the character she plays) - One will be very amazed to know, Genny is actually very down to earth and very funny – and so when she gets on sets and acts all these characters so convincing – I love her more for being able to come out of herself and play roles so damn well – I don’t think it’s an easy task. Beyonce got Sasha Fierce, I am gonna have to find an onset nickname for my Genny. I love me some Genny – she is the BEST.
.
Ps: by the way Genny I just wanted to let you know the aviators sunglasses you wore in the 2nd part of the movie, whilst your new driver Sam drove you from the airport – IS THE BUSINESS – I love it –lend it to me :lol: Made you look very Monte Carlo-ish. Your whole wardrobe was great – Thanks to Uche Nancy or whoever your stylist was.
.
MAJID! MAJID! MAJID!
Lord knows I love me some Majid – He is what we call an excellent actor – not a good actor –but a GREAT EXCELLENT ACTOR – the same way I will describe Leonardo Di Caprio. He is definitely not perfect cos as you all remember, I have critiqued him when he sometimes speak too fast, but apart from that, he is definitely a force to be reckoned with. I would love an interview with him. I have so many questions for him and his craft.
.
Pay very good attention to every scene of him in this movie, his facial expressions in every scene – MAJID MICHEL IS THE KING OF EXPRESSING MOTIONS – a real pro at expressing emotions in any given scene for any character he is asked to play (expression of frustration, confusion, sadness, surprised, drunkenness, conceited, evil, jerk, romantic etc).
.
Watch these scenes very well; His reunion with Jessie in his home, when Jessie told him “she loved him back”, look at his shock facial expression (real Kodak moment), then pay attention to detail to the bed scene when Jessie told him “promise me to do the right thing” – he seemed confused and in a state of “what should I do now”. He didn’t even have to speak and you felt what he was thinking. When it comes to Genevieve and Majid, they are so good at their craft in acting, they can use less dialogue and more about about their visuals to tell the story and make the audience feel what they are feeling in any given moment or scene..
.
I mean whatever character Majid plays you feel him a 100%. I felt his confusion when he walked into the hotel room – his facial expression said it all, he seemed weak and confuse in love, I felt his frustration as he curled up in his couch gazing in thin air all confused about the situation and not knowing what to do next. Gotta love Majid. Now that is what we call an ACTOR. 2009 – bar none he reigned amongst all actors (Ghana and Nigeria), and I see him growing even more in 2010 depending on whom he chooses to work with.
.
I respect him so much. I have not met Majid yet, but I hope to meet him for the first time on Jan very soon. According to sources whatever role he is asked to play he does a lot of research. This is why I will ALWAYS respect him as an actor. I love me some Majid - like Toni Braxton will sin "I love me some him".
.
The one scene which was my favourite of all was scene at Netos house when Jessie went to speak with him AND the hotel room scene and the dialogue between Jessie and Neto. I could feel the passion - by now u all know am a sucker for romance (this is what years of Mills and Boons will do to one). I was almost teary eyed when Jessie said " I wont choose you over my daughter so dont bother choosing me" and then Neto Responded all emotional oh so deep in IT "Dont tell me how what i will and will not do - thats how i feel" - (i thought oh gosh, someone give me a box of kleenex or something.) Ms Ejke, i would 've made them both shed a tear in that scene to highlight the strong emotion, when one is torn between IT. Even if not that scene at least the scene in Netos house where they Jessie confessed of how she felt.
.
Those were two strong scenes. Loved it! Loved It! Loved It. Scripted Perfect, Acted Excellent.
.
MY BIGGEST QUALMS WITH VIVIAN ON THIS MOVIE :lol:
AS FOR ME, I THINK THE KISSING SCENE BTWN GENNY AND MAJID WAS DAMN TOO short. AH AH VIVIAN, - 30 sec kissing scene after all that patient waiting i waited.
.
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO STINGY WITH THE KISSING SCENE :lol:, AT LEAST LETS SEE THEM WHIP SOME TONSIL TENNIS FOR AT LEAST 2 MINS – WE WANT MORE, we aint seen anything this good since Muna whipped it on Ms Genny in He lives In Me and what not. Abeg next time stretch a lil, at least 3 mins. If u do a 30 second kiss scene ever again (esp with great actors with such great chemistry) i will boycott your movie :lol: Inanu? You hear?
.
Also the last scene of the movie when Richie and Neto sat in the car, I didnt like what Richie said. Granted Richies role was a tad mumu-ish for my liking , I didnt like what he said " :


Richie: I wouldnt mind switching places with you to have the both of them".

to which Neto responded with a laugh (they both laughed) and drove off. To me, thats kinda like insinuating this whole thing was a game or something -. dont think Richies comments were that funny. Neto should not have laughed that in response- That kinda contradicts the whole hotel room and his house scene and the dialogue between Neto and Jessie. Catch my drift. Okay maybe its just me. EITHER WAY I LOVED LOVED LOVED THIS MOVIE AND ITS BEEN ON ROTATION FOR ME SINCE I PURCHASED THE VCD.
.
SAVE THE “WORST” FOR LAST:
The actor who plays Naeto’s bestfriend Richie (the alcholic-as ella described him) (real name: Paul Frank) – , I noticed his bad acting as Liz’s (Nse Etims) guy friend Oraefo in movie “Guilty Pleasures”and once again he did it again with Silent Scandal – how are you getting these roles cos I doubt you are truly auditioning for them.
.
Dude, do us all a favor and take some time off to polish your acting (Majid invested in acting lessons and it paid off). Yes you are a handsome looking dude but I am sorry acting is not your forte – at least not now – am not being harsh or nothing this is just my honest constructive criticism. Invest in some acting lessons – coupled with your fine boy looks maybe we will take notice of you in future – but as at now, it’s very very bad dude, like seriously, truly pitiful and very embarrassing (as I sit here and type am just remembering your scene with Ramsey in Guilty Pleasures, It was so embarrassing – your acting that is).
.
Oh and while you taking your crash course in acting, I suggest you take Van Vicker with you. Who knows? Maybe you both can be roommates and practice acting with each other (J):
.
In 2009 Majid is kicking a lot of actor’s ass. If I was a movie producer, I will only invest money on young actors such as Majid Michel, Adjetey Anang, Jim Iyke, and maybe John Dumelo.
.
As fine as you look (I love your beautiful eyebrows – u are very cute man :wink: wink:) am afraid I have to put you on the 2009 Worst Actor Award List, alongside Ali Nuhu and Van Vicker. These actors have a huge problem acting well to make their characters convincing. Expressing Emotion is like zero for them – Like Nil, absolute Zilch. Expressing Sadness – Nil; Expressing Anger – Nil; Expressing Shock/Surprise – Nil – I mean need I go on
.
At the end of the day God sometimes does not give you all, it’s either good looks or great acting (a few chosen are given ALL and sometimes above and beyond) (me for instance am a pretty lady but unfortunately short at only 5’1’ft, he passed me on height but that’s ok:lol:).
.
No hard feelings. Beyonce is a great singer, but a not so great actress – am sure she knows and accepts that. Sometimes you have to work at a skill. I wish you good luck for 2010 dude, but you best believe we will tell it like it is when we see it.
.

10 comments:

ShadeNonconformist said...

haha. that's so great to hear.. I'm now eagerly looking forward to seeing the movie....thanks for your review...as always...

funny stuff at the Br-American accented teenagers at the mall..lol...

Myne Whitman said...

Lovely review, I'll keep an eye out for the movie. The Nollywood/ Ghana movies are really going places, kudos to all the players.

Nollywood Forever said...

Wow I am soooo excited...Can't wait to get my hands on it... knowing how things run around here it probably won't be til next year! Na wa ooo!

Jkaunda said...

i love your blog and i can't wait for this movie.Genny is my girl and i also think she styles herself or uses her own stylists because she always looks good/classy unlike most of the other actresses. I LOVE MICHAEL MAJID,like you said he has great potential and i hope he will work with the right people, Majid is the too hot eeiiiish lol

Adwoa said...

I cannot wait to see this "Excellent movie" Genevieve Nnaji has NEVER failed me. She is simply the BEST!! I love her and she is just an outstanding actress.
I believe Miss Nnaji is ready for Hollywood.

Majid Michel has improve tremendously since his first movie Divine Love.
He has proven himself to be one of the best actors in Ghana right now.
Big ups Majid Michel!!

Go Gollywood and Nollywood!!

I'm proud to be Ghanaian!!

leggy said...

the movie was shot in lagos cos i recognised most of the streets and names of shops passed.nice movie though.i love genevieve.

leggy said...

and they used naira and cities in nigeria so obviously you should realise it was shot in nigeria plus all the directors and officials are nigerians and the real premier was in lagos where all the actors showed up.i love that movie and i'd watch anything with genevieve in it anyway and msjid is improving unlike van vicker who is fine but without any acting skills.

Anonymous said...

wow, it sounds like a good movie to see with the star cast. i saw the posted a while ago and i think you got the director's name wrong, it's tk falope not okay benson. i will definitely see the movie as soon as i can.

koolaries said...

Hello Missy
Really love your blog.Very informative.
You must really love watching movies

Unfortunately I cant seem to get any of those movies-Guilty Pleasures,Nollywood hustlers,Silent Scandal,A sting in the tale and a host of others

I have checked in all major shops including Silverbird media stores and Shoprites..Where can I get them??.Any suggestion

PS: Remeber Gals Cot (Kate Henshaw,Mona Lisa...) that was good movie too right..Cant seem to find it in the market again

bodacious02 said...

I feel u on actors that are so good in conveying emotions they really don't need dialogue. Gene and Majid play of each other so well. I remember a scene in Emerald/Wild Passion where they communicated without words. That was so awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...