Tuesday, November 17, 2009

ENTANGLEMENT (Excellent Cast + Production)

(An Emem Isong and Lancelot Imaseun Produced Movie)
I got this below info from anonymous reader and thought id share
(Film was shot about three years ago when Emem & Lancelot still used to work for Remmy Jes, a marketer. It was shot as 1 film but whoever marketed it decided to divide it into 2 release as two seperate films.)
.

I just PURCHASED this movie today from my dealer (yall know i need a hit :lol: i want my 'stuff cos am twitching after a bad week of CRAP) - i dont have any qualms buying this movie, cos you know why - Its an Emem Isong and Lancelot Imaseun (The Governor) collabo and if you are an avid movie watcher like i am and watched anything they (Emem & Lancelot) have produced together in the past you will understand this is not money wasted at all (PRIVATE SIN, GAMES WOMEN PLAY, BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, EMOTIONAL CRACK ETC). Their movies is never less that 8/10 in my books. GO BUY IT.

Starring
-DESMOND ELLIOT - as ANIETIE
-YEMI BLAQ - as PATRICK (ohhh that voice, makes me feel ticklish all over)
-KALU IKEAGWU as PASTOR KEN
-UCHE JUMBO -as TEGA
-MERCY JOHNSON as CHIDERA
-FRANCIS DURU as Gabriel
-OMONI OBOLI as GETRUDE (aka NdidiAmaka)
-NGOZI EZEONU as GETRUDES MOM
-LYON MATTE TITAH as CATHY (I like this girl - welcome back Lyon, I miss seeing you)
-AND OTHERS (when i say "others' it means they not memorable enough :wink:)
.
Theme:
Love, Romance, Abuse, Rape, Marriage, Church, Faith, Cheating
.
Producer
-Emem Isong
-Rob Emeka Eze
.
Director
-Lanlelot Oduwa Imaseun (Da Governor)
.
Story
-Uduak Isong Oguamanam
.
Screenplay
-Emem Isong
-Uduak Isong Oguamanam
-Omoni Oboli
.
Sypnosis
The love between Tega and Gabriel is falling apart...Physical and emotional abuse claiming the best part of the relationship. She runs to her pastor for succor to no avail. Somewhere else across town, Gertrude is mercilessly raped by the same man she wishes to marry...As if that was not enough; she contract a deadly disease. When will this entanglement make Spence.
.
My Review
Oh my God where do i start. well for starters i will say its a good movie BUT. Yeah the huuuuuuuuuuge BUT. The marketer or whomever put this together for the end results effed up big time - HE GOT ALL PARTS OF THE MOVIE SCENES JUMBLED UP WRONG. :lol: Its kinda funny to me actually, cos am thinking the marketer tried to be greedy and split the movie into 4 parts and sure messed up with jumbled up scenes which is going to do nothing but anger audience for such confusion.
.
Ok so yall know when a movie is shot - its shot in many scenes and at the end of the day when all its said and done the scenes are put to gether (who ever does this job am not quite sure - I refuse to believe Emem or Lancelot made this mistake). Whilst this is done some are deleted added etc - a whole lot of editing needs to be done to come up with great results.
.
Well for this movie that i purchased from my dealer, its a Part 1 & 2 with the assumption that 3&4 are not out yet (am like ok, i'll wait thats ok). So i got this Pt 1 & 2 . Popped in Pt 1 and watched and loved it (kinda reminds me of Emem and Lancelots other blockbuster "Games Men Play").
.
Then I eagerly put in Part 2 and i start to watch, then comes scenes in the movie that doesnt make sense, such as Ndidi (Omonis character) saying she has been raped and is now pregnant (and am thinking reallly? when was she raped I dont remember that scene) then another scene where Mercy makes a huge confession to Uche of what she had done to her - yet with the problem being so deep - Uche seems so calm about it and said she forgives Mercy (and am scratching my head thinking aint no way someone confesses a sin she has committed against me such huge and am just going to say "Oh i forgive you" just like that - at least at first as normal ppl would I'd show some shock and hurt a lil bit of dissapointement before i say i forgive you - so am thinking "am i missing a scene or something".
.
Many of the scenes in Part 2 were starting to confuse me and throw me off from where I left off in Part 1. So I had to rewatch Part 2 again to make sure i didnt miss anything and finally i came to a conclusion.
.
Who ever put this movie together, jumbled up the scenes, there are some parts of Part 4 & 5 in Part 2 and vice versa (:lol) the whole thing is kinda funny to me actually. This is where greed will get you Remmy Jes Production - maybe next time you will pay attention when putting all your scenes together or better yet, keep it to one part instead of four to waste our precious time. Now I hope you get ya monies worth. You need to be refunding some folks (Including me).
.
I know i wasted my money buying faulty product but thats okay, it happens to the best of us. Besides if you piece in the puzzle - you might get it and realise it is actually a great movie. :lol:
.
From the lil i saw in Pt 1 & 2, i think the story line was excellent, the cast were phenomenal (this is the first time i can say i enjoyed Omoni Obolis performance and thus my conclusion to how she performs is it depends on the director and the script or character she is playing - she did very well in this movie (she held the movie for the most part cos i guess she is part of the screenplay team) - now I can say i will start paying attention to her - she does have potential).
.
Uche Jumbo playing the abused wife was very convincing and I think she played it well. Loved It.
.
Mercy Johnson was funny as hell, she cracked me up the whole damn movie (there was less crying from her than we usually see as always) -
.
Desmond, Kalu and Yemi were just great and everybody else was "ok".
.
I still feel the story has not ended, who knows - maybe the are coming out with part 5, 6, 7 and 8. Aint no shame in these ppls game when it comes to getting their money. :lol:
.
I am sorry but I have never been a fan of Francis Duru. I feel "sometimes" he overacts. I just cant connect to his acting at all. And if you think Desmond Elliot or Mike Ezerounye screams their lungs out when emphasizing a point in their scenes, well brace your self with this this dude Francis Duru, you may wanna keep your fingers on your volume button on your remote, cos you surely need to lower the volume in every scene he is in, mute it or better yet forward all his scenes like i did as i watched it the second time. I do however think he'd be great on some stage play though - like some Shakespearean type stage role - but for movies - am just not a fan YET.
.
My Ratings
6/10
(this movie coulda easily gotten a 8/10 had the whole thing been put together right - from Part 2 onwards watching it was like scrabble game)
.
THANK U EMEM, LANCELOT (amongst few other top notch producer/directors) you always save the day when we are being bombarded with CRAP. Now we patiently wait for BURSTING OUT starring Genevieve Nnaji and Nse Ikpe Etim. Abeg put the cherry on the icing cake you have given us this year - just before christmas, so we can cuddle in our lil sofas this christmas and enjoy one more classic and Burst Out with Happiness for great entertainment.
.
However i still say you get on this RemmyJes folks cos your reputation is on the line with this mess in this movie. PPl will assume you messed up like that but i refuse to believe you did. Aint no way Emem Isong or Lancelot will put together a movie and jumble up scenes - Mbanu- i refuse to believe this
.

5 comments:

Nollywood Forever said...

HOLD UP!!! I watched this same movie a couple of months ago (didnt get round to posting the review yet) and it was called THROUGH THE FIRE! Someone else told me that is was a repackaged movie, so who knows if it even had another title... this repackaging ish is serious ooo... We dont even know what year movies were made or even how many titles they got... Geez!

I did like the movie though... although I only had part 1 and 2 so there was more that I didnt get to watch.

Tell It Like It is said...

Really???? - how come i never heard of it. This is my first time watching it. I guess i musta missed this one.

Anonymous said...

This film was shot about three years ago when Emem and Lancelot still used to work for Remmy Jes, a marketer. it was shot as one film but whoever marketed it decided to divide it into two release as two seperate films!! i.e Thru the Fire and Entanglement. Just thot you shd knw so you dont think Em has joined the band wagon of repackaged old films!

Tell It Like It is said...

Ohhhhh i see, thank you anonymous, I learn something new every day. I never knew this, thanks for letting me know. This is why I have this blog, lets just update each other with such info. I knew the title sounded familiar but either way i hadnt watche it before. For a minute i thought why would Emem have a movie in 4 parts she has never done that before, so i even sent her an email to ask about this movie.

I will notate on my review that this is not a new movie.

Thanks

chuks said...

Repackaging is really bad. We need more transparency in Nollywood, otherwise it will never get thw investment and quality improvements needed to progress.

Chuks.

www.afrika.am

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...