Sunday, October 18, 2009

Be Not Afraid (A Tchidi Chikere Movie)


(Apparently this movie is based on a true story)

Starring: Rita Dominic, Tchidi Chikere and Pat Attah
.
Storyline: Can a rational Woman marry a man who kidnapped here baby..? Will the answer be justifiable from either perspective? Go BUY your copy and watch this movie.
.
Producer: Tchidi Chikere
.
Director: Tchidi Chikere
.
Writer: Tchidi Chikere
.
Review:
I laughed through out the movie - not because its funny but just Tchidi's mannerisms when he acts - its almost like a joke.
.
Lawd knows l loveme some Tchidi, but he kinda reminds me of Spike Lee, cant act but still wants to star in his own movies - and to top it all off lately - he sings - I guess its a recession and he is cutting cost and doing everything - write, produce, direct, act and on top of it all sometimes in some movies, he'll contribute to background music with his own singing (like he did in his own produced movie "Native Son" starring Ini and Tontoh). Chei .... Tchidi - u will not kill me today ooohh.
.
If you frequent this site you all know how i rave bout Tchidi and movies he produces. I still love Tchidi, he will forever remain one of my most well respected and best directors - especially when it comes to village theme movies no one beats him. He celebrates his igbo tradition and culture in his village movies like nobodys bizness, and as an outsider i have learnt a lot from his movies about igbo culture.
.
This year, he didnt do too much village movie apart from the likes of Native Son (9/10) and Soul of a Maiden (8/10) (go grab ya copy if you havent watched this AWARD WINNING titles)- I want the old Tchidi back - the Tchidi of "Blood Sisters", "All My Life", "Stronger than Pain" etc - see here for more http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2118672/
.
I miss the old Tchidi. The one behind the camera directing and producing and writing excellent scripts that gets you glued to your tv from beginning to end. As for the acting - hmm- what can i say sha.- and then he is singing too (chei,). None the less, the red dot on screen seized so we shall take it like that (if you dont know what am talking about on red dot, then dont worry about it)
.
Rita Dominic was phenomenal in her acting with this movie. Excellent. Which is no surprise cos she always delivers (one of the most memorable movies i have seen her in from past is "All my Life" (starring opposite Omotola Jalade and Zach Orji.) - This comes as know surprise bcos as you all know RIta is in my top 3 most respected and favourite nollywood actress. She knows how to deliver a role - like Genevieve - she is beautiful, eloquent and able to articulate her role so flawlessly. She makes the character so believable you forget you are watching a movie - and this my friend - is what we the audience ask for in Nollywood movies. We dont ask for much.
.
Rita like Genevieve Nnaji doesnt cry much in many of her roles (like Mercy Johnson or Nkiru Sylvanus would in every damn role they are in - if only they could lend Van some of those tears for one movie :lol:), But when they acts in a character where they have to cry, you best believe - you are going to feel it so much you forget its just a movie and possibly cry with/for her. She is that good - she is Excellent - and i absolutely love her acting. She did excellent in this movie. Another Tchidi produced movie where she cried so convincingly after the death of her mother, was "Sleek Ladies" starring opposite Ini Edo and Yul Edochie. Her crying was so sad and convincing (you could really feel her pain) - i forgot i was watching a movie and cried along with her.
.
Pat Attah
- hmmmm - what can I say - he was gone for a while (I hadnt seen him in over 2yrs) and we sure DID NOT miss him - cos he is not a memorable actor to me, Very handsome to watch, but watching him act is like watching Van Vicker act - LIKE WATCHING A "BEAUTIFUL" PAINT DRY - "boring" is an understatement - practically put you to sleep. Some scenes with him i just put my remote on MUTE and just watch how fine he looks. I dont "need" to hear him speak or try to intepret his role (i save myself the headache), cos it messes up my imagination. His overall acting in this movie 4/10.
.
My Ratings:
6/10
.
ps: who is this guy who plays the pastor - oh my gosh. another one i usually put on MUTE or forward scenes with him in it. I think his name is Ifeanyi Okughalite. Definite no no for me.
x

2 comments:

Miz B said...

Miss TILII, had a good laugh reading the last few lines of your review! Infact I duff my hat to you...for being able to watch some of these absolutely trashy movies!! I cant o! I only films recommended by a good film critic... I guess thats why im on this blog...lol...saw yr comments on BN... right on to you my sister! Look forward to the day when we meet!

Anonymous said...

I have only read 3 post and girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl. I HEART YOU.Spot on.

Nanko.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...