Wednesday, July 22, 2009

LOST MAIDEN 1 & 2


Starring:
Rita Dominic, Bimbo Akintola, OmoT, Kalu Igweagu (If i did not mention the other actress name thats cos she is clearly not memorable enough to remember)
.
Producers/Director:
.
x

Sypnosis:

After graduating from a prestigious medical school in the United States of America, April Jodi makes a daunting decision: To practice in Calsy hospital in Umuaria - a small town sorrounded by reote and primitive villages in Africa. Little did she know that this decsion was to define the essence of her being. Plots, murders, arson, mayhem love and ofcourse human triumph over illusions and dogmas. this movie will keep you glued to your seat as you journey with April and her quest to achieve an ardous and dangerous task.
.

My short review:
The movie touches on interesting and very important subjects still prevalent in many parts of africa - female circumcision, however i slept half way of the movie, whether it was the script or the acting me i dont know, All i know is i slept. For a movie to put me to sleep, that means personally i didnt feel it was that great. Maybe someday when i am bored with nothing to watch i will try and watch it again - S L O W L Y.
.
Bimbo Akintola is one of my favourite actresses, very underrated, an actress who could EASILY cross over to Hollywood just like Genevieve or Rita coul, but i dont know why she is not utilise as much, either that or she just doesnt choose good scripts.
.
My favourite moview with her is "Keeping Faith" and "All My Life". Excellent diction and eloquence at best. Hard to find such in Nollywood these days, where you have gorgeous girls who cant speak a lick of english to save their lifes, yet they want camera time. Its not byforce to act in english movies.
.
My Ratings
4/10
.
x

1 comment:

tunmi said...

I love Bimbo Akintola, and I must admit, my heart is broken when I see folks compile lists of great Nigerian actors and her name is not there. In my book, she is better than Genny. I have no idea why she is not as prevalent, but when she is, you know you are in for a treat even if the rest of the movie is crappy.

It's not that she doesn't choose good scripts, I have no idea why either. I saw her a lot back in the day with Ego Boyo. I really want to see her with Izu Ojukwu, Kunle Afolayan, Tade Ogidan, Leila Djansi or Shirley Frimpong.

Thanks for noting her brilliance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...